The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

C. Sculp in 5 gallon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thumpersalley
Hadogenes
thumpersalley

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-18

C. Sculp in 5 gallon Empty
PostSubject: C. Sculp in 5 gallon   C. Sculp in 5 gallon Empty8/15/2009, 12:17 pm

Im getting 12 C.Sculps, would they be ok in a 5 gallon or better in a 10 gallon? Both have locking lids.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: C. Sculp in 5 gallon   C. Sculp in 5 gallon Empty8/15/2009, 1:25 pm

I think 5 gallons might be a tad small for 12. I would go for the 10 gal..
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: C. Sculp in 5 gallon   C. Sculp in 5 gallon Empty8/15/2009, 3:27 pm

I would also have to say 10 gal. The more space the better
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Jorpion
Pandinus
Jorpion

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: C. Sculp in 5 gallon   C. Sculp in 5 gallon Empty8/16/2009, 2:18 am

I have been raising over 600 individuals in several 20-gallon enclosures during the past 12 months. Each 20-gallon enclosure houses around 75 adults. No cannibalism yet- they all just hang out with each other during the day! Just keep em warm, well-fed and provide plenty of branches for climbing (emphasize PLENTY OF BRANCHES). I also keep a shallow water dish in the tanks and lightly mist them once a week. I always find at least one drinking or bathing in the shallow dish. That has been my recipe for success! Now if I can only find a way to stop them from breeding so well!! LOL
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

Number of posts : 662
Location : Sw. Georgia, Home of the Hentzi King and the C. hentzi army

PostSubject: Re: C. Sculp in 5 gallon   C. Sculp in 5 gallon Empty8/16/2009, 6:56 pm

I say the 5 gal would so just fine, cuz i had 30 C. hentzi in one before and never had any problems at all. As long as i provided plenty of food (like about 50 crix) and water , they did just fine. Plus I have plenty of hides in there for them.
Now if you're a type of person who rather to have more space, go for it.
Not everyone house the same way as the other.
Back to top Go down
thumpersalley
Hadogenes
thumpersalley

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: C. Sculp in 5 gallon   C. Sculp in 5 gallon Empty8/17/2009, 10:50 am

Well, I didnt like the way the 5 gallon was looking & I couldnt get my hand in there to fill the water bowl without bumping their vertical hides. So I did change them to a 10 gallon, with more vertical hides.

Now for the anti-escape precautions.....

I had a foot of self stick velcroe so I cut it into 4 pieces & placed it on all 4 sides of the lid. Securely attached to the lid but do you think they can still get out? None of the hides are any closer than 4 inches to the top so they would have to climb on each other or climb the silicone to get up of which Ive never had a scorpion do but.....

I have some plexiglass I can place on the front of the shelf they are on to completely enclose them.

Any thoughts? Thanks! Kim
Back to top Go down
redknee
Tityus

Number of posts : 662
Location : Sw. Georgia, Home of the Hentzi King and the C. hentzi army

PostSubject: Re: C. Sculp in 5 gallon   C. Sculp in 5 gallon Empty8/17/2009, 2:29 pm

nothing wrong with going bigger, and always good to have more hides.

With the velcro strips at eacch corner is a good idea. Now in the center where there isn't any strips there, is the lid tight or have play. If there is play try palcing something with some weight to it and you should be fine. I have done this many of times and worked out fine for me.

looking forward on pix if you have any
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C. Sculp in 5 gallon   C. Sculp in 5 gallon Empty

Back to top Go down

C. Sculp in 5 gallon
Page 1 of 1