The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Parabuthus Liosoma

Go down 
+7
TELOW
_scorpio_
Canth
*~BEX~*
Manser
Anthony.T
**GS**
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/1/2010, 4:08 am

Great vids and pics - wow that roach was fast!!
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/1/2010, 4:50 am

Nice, GS!
You seem to keep getting these fat, but healthy scorpions Smile
I've been enjoying all of your videos as they seem to be some of the few quality scorpion videos out there. Very nice birds-eye view of the attack!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/1/2010, 5:33 am

GS wrote:
René wrote:
Very nice videos and pictures! It's a cool specie Very Happy

Thanks Rene. Yeah they are, i like the black-tipped the most!
I got her a partner who is coming in soon. Hopefully all things goes well as planned Very Happy

Would be cool if you could get them to breed! Is this specie getting as big as parabuthus transvaalicus?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/1/2010, 7:30 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Great vids and pics - wow that roach was fast!!
Yeah bro.. ha ha
Lucky for her that the enclosure is small Laughing

H. laoticus wrote:
Nice, GS!
You seem to keep getting these fat, but healthy scorpions Smile
I've been enjoying all of your videos as they seem to be some of the few quality scorpion videos out there. Very nice birds-eye view of the attack!

Thanks for your kind words my friend. Glad that you like my vids Very Happy
I'm lucky to get these scorps and am also thankful for the many great advices from you guys Smile
I'll definitely do more of these vids for my incoming scorps to share. Stay tunned Cool

René wrote:
Would be cool if you could get them to breed! Is this specie getting as big as parabuthus transvaalicus?

Yeah it'd be awesome to get Liosoma babies Bro.. can't image how the coloring on their tail will be.. hehe
& If i'm not wrong, in most cases, Transvaalicus should mature to be the largest in size in the Parabuthus family.
Thats why they are my favorite! Hope you get yours soon mate. No regrets! Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/2/2010, 4:03 pm

Just wondering, what is that white stuff on the roach you are feeding them?

Btw. Because of these pictures and films, I'm now officially looking for Parabuthus Liosoma aswell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/2/2010, 9:34 pm

René wrote:

Btw. Because of these pictures and films, I'm now officially looking for Parabuthus Liosoma aswell Very Happy

ha ha.. nice choice! With your contacts i wouldn't be surprise if you can get it real soon Very Happy

Btw, the white stuff on the roach is the sand.. probably the "sweat" the roach gave out during its fruitless attempt to avoid being lunch affraid causes the fine sand to stick to it's body.. hehe Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/3/2010, 7:33 am

GS wrote:
René wrote:

ha ha.. nice choice! With your contacts i wouldn't be surprise if you can get it real soon Very Happy

Btw, the white stuff on the roach is the sand.. probably the "sweat" the roach gave out during its fruitless attempt to avoid being lunch affraid causes the fine sand to stick to it's body.. hehe Twisted Evil

Allready had an offer for 1.1 subadult, but they are a bit pricey so I'm not sure with christmas comming up and all santa

Thought it was mites and was wondering "wouldn't that possibly transfer to the scorpion?" Chin Scratch
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/12/2010, 2:48 am

Canth wrote:
What do you mean good name?

I think he means something along these lines. I just stumbled across this and remembered this little debate ...

"Common names: "African Black Tail Scorpion". This species is formerly known as P. liosoma, but Fet et al. (2000) conclude that leiosoma is the original spelling. Acosta & Fet (2005) changed the name back to P. liosoma."

-http://www.ntnu.no/ub/scorpion-files/p_liosoma.php

My guess would be both are acceptable after all I'm stuck typing Vaejovis/Hoffmanius all the time, lol

As my last order of PT's failed miserably I'm thinking about picking 2 or 3 of these up can anyone tell me what size they get up to? I thought I recalled reading some where they get about 3 inches but am not sure :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/12/2010, 7:33 am

Same size as parabuthus transvaalicus as far as I know!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/12/2010, 9:48 am

René wrote:

Its possible. Both my 5i P. Transvaalicus and Liosoma are roughly of the same size now. Only diff is that Trans has thicker tail.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/12/2010, 1:42 pm

GS wrote:
René wrote:

Its possible. Both my 5i P. Transvaalicus and Liosoma are roughly of the same size now. Only diff is that Trans has thicker tail.

@thicker tail part Sad

I thought they were a bit smaller but that would be cool if they did get up to the same size. I'll have to order some of those then as consolation. I had always wanted some but just love big black beasties!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/12/2010, 9:51 pm

iitomodachi1 wrote:
GS wrote:
René wrote:

@thicker tail part Sad

I thought they were a bit smaller but that would be cool if they did get up to the same size. I'll have to order some of those then as consolation. I had always wanted some but just love big black beasties!

I sincerely believe you will get the P.Trans no matter what, just a matter of time Smile
So far the Liosoma i had had much more activity as compared to PTrans, even though after 1-2 weeks after settling down in the enclosure, she is always out every night for a walk. She can be fat but surprisingly agile and i love her black tipped tail!
I think you'll love them too bro Very Happy

Last edited by GS on 12/13/2010, 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/12/2010, 10:02 pm

Sweet, thanks GS Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/14/2010, 12:00 am

Well, just had to share I placed an order with Kenthebugguy again as I pay a little more but am not let down by Ken. I had ordered 4 P. Liosoma Very Happy

They are not supposed to ship until after the holidays and then I'm sure I'll be waiting on a break in the weather. But I have had successful transactions with Ken before and trust his judgment on shipping.
As for the P. Trans I have found another potential resource now courtesy of a good friend on this forum Very Happy.

Soon I will be joining the Parabuthus ranks and in spring some andros in the works too Very Happy Sorry this is all posted here, but it is about the P. Liosoma at this point!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/14/2010, 5:50 am

Well, got it all planned, huh? Very Happy

I have also 0.0.6 Androctonus Bicolor and 0.0.8 Parabuthus Liosoma waiting to ship to me after the holidays aswell!

and... You are welcome Wink hehe...
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/14/2010, 8:59 am

Nice score Rene Very Happy I just hope our weather is alright after the holidays that they can ship. We are coming up on January which is always the coldest month Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/14/2010, 9:58 am

Yea, I know, but I'm out of money right now, so it has to wait until after christmas Neutral

BTW forgot to mention 25+ Hottentotta Hottentotta aswell! They are freebies with the Parabuthus Liosoma...
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/14/2010, 12:20 pm

25+ as freebies?? I'm moving to Denmark, wait how much snow do you get there and how long are the summers??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/14/2010, 12:56 pm

It's an asian dealer Wink

We get a lot of snow, and we have maybe 2 months maybe 3 months of summer, but summer here is pretty much sun in one out of 3 days, so isn't much to cheer for!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/14/2010, 3:59 pm

As for size I found some pictures here that might shed some light on it:

Here it's an adult male Parabuthus Transvaalicus and an Adult Parabuthus Liosoma from egypt:
Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Ancpho10

And here it's the differnce in size between two adult females from egypt and tanzania:
Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Ancpho11

BOTH PICTURES ARE FROM "THE SCORPION FAUNA"!

I must say I'm surprised by the difference in size and from now on I must say that egypt is the version to get Drool

Last edited by René on 12/14/2010, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/14/2010, 5:10 pm

Wow, I always thought PT's were supposed to be the largest Buthides I am completely surprised! Thanks for sharing Bro, nice find with the research!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty12/14/2010, 5:13 pm

Yea, but the Parabuthus Transvaalicus is a male, so I would say they are roughly around the same size as the one from egypt! the one from tanzania is apparently way smaller, which is surprising to me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus Liosoma   Parabuthus Liosoma - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Parabuthus Liosoma
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2