The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty
PostSubject: Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1   Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty10/30/2010, 1:24 pm

Today I got a couple of Caraboctonus Keyserlingi!

Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 L1410021

Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 L1410022

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1   Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty10/30/2010, 2:30 pm

That second one is another either well fat or gravid lol congrats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1   Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty10/30/2010, 2:43 pm

Hehe, same as before, this one is only about 2-3 cm. and again I don't know how big they get (I will read in to it later)..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1   Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty10/31/2010, 1:16 pm

Anyone know how these should be kept (temperature, substrate, moist/not moist, etc.)? I'm having a hard time finding out anything about these... Also how big they are as adults?
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
Scott Land

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1   Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty10/31/2010, 3:54 pm

René wrote:
Anyone know how these should be kept (temperature, substrate, moist/not moist, etc.)? I'm having a hard time finding out anything about these... Also how big they are as adults?
Dry and cool! I had a group of these that did not do well until I kept them dry and cool.Give them water once a week.
Those are adults and at least one if not 2 gravid females.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1   Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty10/31/2010, 5:59 pm

Nice lookin' scorps! Hope you find the info you are looking for. Sorry I can't help you out on that. I can say they are very nice looking though Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1   Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty10/31/2010, 7:54 pm

Scott Land wrote:
René wrote:
Dry and cool! I had a group of these that did not do well until I kept them dry and cool.Give them water once a week.
Those are adults and at least one if not 2 gravid females.

Thanks! Just the info I needed! Also found out they like to dig tunnels...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1   Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty12/4/2010, 2:05 pm

SO...

Checked on my two caraboctonus Keyserlingi last night and found that the now CLEARLY gravid female had killed my male RIP and had just left him to rot (she hadn't eaten anything of him and the maggots had allready started the feast)! I guess they are communal until a certain point of the pregnantsy Rolling Eyes

Just thought I should update, so anyone having pregnant females in the future might consider to seperating them when the emale gets gravid!
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1   Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty12/4/2010, 2:16 pm

sorry for the loss man, but at least you'll get a load of scorplings Smile there gonna be tiny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213

PostSubject: Re: Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1   Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty12/4/2010, 2:18 pm

Yea, it's too bad, but the loss isn't that big, considering that hopefully I will have a bunch of scorplings real soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1   Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Caraboctonus Keyserlingi 1.1
Page 1 of 1