The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice

Go down 
+6
H. laoticus
Dracennights
mezzle992
the lycan mikey
binksyboy3
MAGNUM
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MAGNUM
Pandinus

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty
PostSubject: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty8/26/2010, 7:10 pm

Hey I just a emperor scorpion and for some reason it's not eating any of the crickets I'm feeding it. Can anyone help?
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty8/26/2010, 7:51 pm

It takes time for them to settle in. Try again in 4 days time.

Don't worry if it doesn't eat, they can go a year without food so just offer one food item every four days. If he refuses it, then remove and try again 4 days later.
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty8/26/2010, 8:45 pm

yeah dude...let it get used to its surroundings, than itll eat
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
MAGNUM
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty8/26/2010, 9:02 pm

Oh ok thanks guys. And also what's the best substrate to use with an emperor?
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty8/26/2010, 9:40 pm

coco fiber...
or peat moss...

depends on your choosing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty8/27/2010, 7:11 pm

Personally I think coco fiber works best, but that's just me. The essential thing is that the substrate you use is soil-like and enables them to burrow easily.
Back to top Go down
mezzle992
Centruroides
mezzle992

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty8/30/2010, 4:04 pm

my emp wouldent eat for 4 weeks from when i got him. But do not worry if he wont eat scorpions metabalisms are low and emps can stop eating for up to a year for no reason.

use coco fibre and keep it moist. Humidity needs to be about 80% and the optimal tempreature is 28 degrees although the tempreature isnt crucial.

Be sure to keep fresh water in the tank all the time and i wouldent recomend putting a heat mat on the bottom.

Molting these scorps is easy just make sure the humidity is around 80-85%. Its only usally the dessert species that have problems molting. He will only molt when he feels the conditions are right.

These scorps do well communally as canabalism is rare and wont fight if there is enough food for them to eat.

This is all you really need to know for the moment your knolege on him will get better over time

Hope this helps any questions just ask
Back to top Go down
MAGNUM
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty9/14/2010, 8:55 pm

Are emps suppose to eat the entire cricket or do they just suck the good stuff out of em?
Back to top Go down
Dracennights
Centruroides
Dracennights

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty9/14/2010, 9:02 pm

One of my emp ate with in 10 minutes of being let into her new home and she ate 2 full crickets....

Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty9/15/2010, 5:48 am

MAGNUM wrote:
Are emps suppose to eat the entire cricket or do they just suck the good stuff out of em?

Yup, they usually eat most or all of the cricket. They aren't the sucking type lol.

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty9/15/2010, 6:03 am

ours sometim eats everything apart from the odd head or leg lol
Back to top Go down
MAGNUM
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty9/15/2010, 7:39 pm

Oh mine bit an killed one but he just carried it a lil an dropped it
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty9/16/2010, 4:37 am

maybe its just not hungry i left mine for a day to settle before attempting to feed it some do take a while to adjust to there new surroundings
Back to top Go down
mezzle992
Centruroides
mezzle992

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty9/16/2010, 4:46 am

it depends on how hungry they are if their hungry they wil eat the whole criket and if they arent they will just kill it for the sake of it. But if you finding exoskeletons of crikets bare in mind they molt
Back to top Go down
scorpion_master
Pandinus
scorpion_master

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty9/16/2010, 1:05 pm

i tried both with mine but it seemed to like the coco fiber more
Back to top Go down
MAGNUM
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty9/18/2010, 9:57 pm

K and does scorpion poop look like gray putty stuff
Back to top Go down
Kerrby
Centruroides
Kerrby

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty9/19/2010, 1:24 am

Pretty much like whiteout. My tend to blast it along the edges of things (walls, hide).

If you grab it with tongs, its going to squish.
Back to top Go down
MAGNUM
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty9/19/2010, 8:51 am

Oh ok kewl that's what that stuff was then lol
Back to top Go down
the_oracle_jennie
Pandinus
the_oracle_jennie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty10/1/2010, 9:01 am

mine ate within 2 days and hasnt since really and i often found the leg of one around and yeah he carried it around for a whiel lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice   Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Just bought an emperor scorpion and looking for some advice
Page 1 of 1