The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?

Go down 
+4
ggfred
Roger
gromgroms
Nee
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nee
Pandinus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty
PostSubject: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/6/2010, 6:46 pm

I have not seen my emp in ATLEAST two months, he lives in a glass tank so i dont know how he could have escaped i put three crickets in there and there and one dissapeard but these other two have been there forever. You think its dead? how draw it out if its not. Im going to be mad if my scorpion is dead i paid 25$ for a baby one
Back to top Go down
gromgroms
Centruroides
gromgroms

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/6/2010, 7:16 pm

dig them out. thats what i do. my emps are used to it. not that i do it all the time, but during rehousing.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Hadogenes
Roger

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/6/2010, 10:41 pm

I haven't seen 2 of my 7 in about 3 months, but since my room doesn't smell like rotting garbage, I assume they're still alive.
Back to top Go down
Nee
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/7/2010, 1:34 am

i dont even know if he can dig in what he has though, theres a lot of wood in the soil
Back to top Go down
ggfred
Pandinus

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/7/2010, 7:20 am

I agree with the others...dig him out. Or at least poke around in there to see if there is movement. How big is your tank that you lost him???
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/7/2010, 10:47 am

Check the substrate near the heat source.

By the way, he is probably fine, they are known as pet holes meaning that you don't see them much as they spend the majority of their time in their burrows. You should change your substrate to coco fibre if it has a lot of wood in the soil.
Back to top Go down
gromgroms
Centruroides
gromgroms

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/8/2010, 9:10 am

binksyboy3 wrote:
Check the substrate near the heat source.

By the way, he is probably fine, they are known as pet holes meaning that you don't see them much as they spend the majority of their time in their burrows. You should change your substrate to coco fibre if it has a lot of wood in the soil.

quoted for truth. i dont know where people get the idea to use bark, whether from seeing it at pet stores as such or what. even i thought when i got back into arachnids, "wow, that looks uncomfortable"

but for the OP's laugh, I used fish gravel for my first emperor... when i was 10.
Back to top Go down
DesertHaddy
Pandinus
DesertHaddy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/8/2010, 5:53 pm

I have a desert haddy (hadrurus arizonensis) female. She spent nearly 4 months in hiding. She closed off all routes to her burrow. I very carefully checked to see if she was alive and well. As soon as i started to clear an entrance she appeared ready to give me a pasting, so i'm sure that your scorp should be fine. A little unerving i know but don't panicked too much about your scorp disappearing!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nee
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/9/2010, 5:38 pm

THanks, i put him in miracle grow soil because it was all i had. he doesnt seem to mind it that much.
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/9/2010, 6:06 pm

is it safe to put your scorpion in with a substrate that has chemicals in it??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
ggfred
Pandinus

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/9/2010, 6:24 pm

I wouldn't. Chemicals aren't good for any of us. Including our scorps. If you have to order coco fiber because you can't get it locally, then do so.
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/9/2010, 6:52 pm

lol i still have a brick and a half from a 3 pack i got off the internet
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Nee
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/10/2010, 6:02 pm

its says organic on the bag and if he IS still alive then i wouldnt worry about the soil that hes in
Back to top Go down
MrWin
Centruroides
MrWin

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/13/2010, 1:04 pm

yep...haven't seen my male in a month... female comes out of their burrow every day and sits in the "feed me pose".

Male hasn't been out in a while. Could a scorpion complete a moult in the burrow? Because only thing I'm afraid of is him having moulting trouble and me not noticing.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/13/2010, 3:51 pm

Yep, a scorpion can/will molt in it's burrow.
Back to top Go down
MrWin
Centruroides
MrWin

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty4/14/2010, 2:19 am

damn...if he is, i hope he is doing alright...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?   Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever lost sight of your scorpion for months at a time?
Page 1 of 1