The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Pterinochilus murinus vs Citharischius crawshayi

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shinryuu
Hadogenes
Shinryuu

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Pterinochilus murinus vs Citharischius crawshayi Empty
PostSubject: Pterinochilus murinus vs Citharischius crawshayi   Pterinochilus murinus vs Citharischius crawshayi Empty3/17/2010, 11:14 pm

Ok guys...

after a month of enjoying my new B. boehmei (which should be molting in a week or so) and being in the Arachnid hobby for a year now, I wanted to try out an Old World as my 3rd T.

I prefer something that likes their enclosure pretty dry so it seems the OBT and KB are at the top of the list.

So I'm kinda torn between the OBT (P. murinus) and the King Baboon (C. crawshayi). I'm well aware both have fairly significant venom compared to New World Ts. I've read all the horror stories on both species, so I wonder which would be the absolute best to get as a sling ? The P. murinus is 1/4" and the C. crawshayi 1".

I know OBTs grow quickly and KBs are very, very slow growers. I know the OBT can be a "pet web" and the KB is a "pet hole". I've already got a P. imperator as a pet hole so the KB wouldn't bother me at all. On the other hand, I would like something a bit more active than a Grammostola or Brachypelma and it seems the OBT fits the bill as far as activity goes.

Which tends to be less aggressive as far as Old World species go ?

If one of these two has less the habit of climbing tongs or bolting out of the cage during maintenance, that would be the best choice.

A part of me wants the C. crawshayi, the other P. murinus.

What would you guys suggest ? I'm more set on the C. crawshayi, but if you guys have good reasons why one wouldn't be a good 1st Old World, fire away !

Thanks all !
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pterinochilus murinus vs Citharischius crawshayi   Pterinochilus murinus vs Citharischius crawshayi Empty3/18/2010, 11:42 pm

Why not buy both? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Shinryuu
Hadogenes
Shinryuu

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Pterinochilus murinus vs Citharischius crawshayi   Pterinochilus murinus vs Citharischius crawshayi Empty3/19/2010, 10:24 pm

After some further research and thinking.... I'd rather avoid these two.

I'm sure Ceratogyrus meridionalis (or any other species in this genus) would be a much better choice ! Can anyone share a positive experience with these guys ?

From what I've been reading, they aren't too bad as far as Old World species go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pterinochilus murinus vs Citharischius crawshayi   Pterinochilus murinus vs Citharischius crawshayi Empty

Back to top Go down

Pterinochilus murinus vs Citharischius crawshayi
Page 1 of 1