The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question Empty
PostSubject: Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question   Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question Empty9/14/2012, 3:39 pm

can the orange baboon tarantula live at room temperature ? in the colder months where i live its pretty cold and my apartment is usually kept at 68-72 degrees. i was wondering if this temperature is okay for an orange baboon tarantula ??? or will i need to get an infarared heat light ?? i tryed to find my answers on google but google has gave me so much wrong information i dont trust it anymore. im trying to decide between a chaco golden knee tarantula or an orange baboon tarantula.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question   Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question Empty9/14/2012, 4:30 pm

If you have enough experience with T's then go for the OBT but if you are not that experienced rather go for the Chaco as OBTs are very defensive spiders and are not afraid to give you a nasty bite and they are damn fast.
The temps are a bit low but you can keep him at that temp for about a month just to simulate the winter months but you shouldnt keep it too cold for too long.
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question   Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question Empty9/14/2012, 5:18 pm

oh okay, i didnt make up my mind yet, maybe the chaco would be a better choice..... im not experienced with tarantulas at all, i just have a rose hair that i got a few months ago. held it 3 times, it seems pretty nice and calm. yeah maybe the chaco would be better, they said i can keep my rose hair at room temperature. just was wondering if its the same for other tarantulas. i also liked the pink toe. i guess i can rule out the OBT then since im not an experienced keeper. if i keep my apartment heat between 70-74 thats better then 68 right ?? becuase i cant really put heat lights on the cages that i get from tarantulacages.com
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
Ludedor24
Babycurus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question   Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question Empty9/15/2012, 7:43 am

Never use any type of heat lamp or mat with a tarnatula, they're not like scorpions as youll end up cooking them. Room temp is fine, just keep at least in the low 70's. Chacos are a lot of fun, there can be a grumpy one here and there but overall not bad.

As far as the OBT they are great too , with a little bit of time you should try one. Very very hardy spiders. Though there is people that handle them I would never recommend due to the highly defensive nature speed and venom. I keep and breed them , they display great color and web a TON!

Best of luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question   Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula) Question
Page 1 of 1