The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

A total SHOCK!!

Go down 
+6
binksyboy3
Mr. Mordax
RyoKenzaki
LadyRiotControl
Kuma
Rideon
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-28

A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/28/2009, 6:24 am

it is hard to keep of ur eyes from them.. just cant help it looking into their tank.. but like u guys say.. 1 week is not a long time.. just have to ignore her.. and keep the humidity high...
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/28/2009, 9:38 am

I take it that the towel is to prevent you from looking? or for humidity??
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/28/2009, 9:48 am

for humidity...
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/28/2009, 9:51 am

finally i can see a close up of the childrens.. shes out from her burrow and walking about.... im not sure but i think i have 23 scorplings... will upload a pic... but its blurry sorry.. phone cam..
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/28/2009, 9:53 am

A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 28052009021
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/28/2009, 10:33 am

binksyboy3 wrote:
I take it that the towel is to prevent you from looking? or for humidity??

To keep you from peeking and disturbing mom.

I lost an entire brood of H. longimanus a while ago, and I'm pretty sure it's because I couldn't stop peeking.
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/28/2009, 11:11 am

i just look at her trough the tank .. i dont open the lid to see it closer.. seriously.. i dont dare...
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/28/2009, 11:52 am

she still knows you are there if you are looking in. The shadow moving and im SURE they feel our pulses in vibrations as an experience with my pandinus imperator who birthed
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/28/2009, 12:01 pm

er.. didnt know that.. thanks Connie.. well i'll b away for few days.. so i hope the scopling and the mother will do great.. its a good time for them to b alone for a while...
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 12:17 pm

bad news... checked it in just now.. all the babies is gone.. either the mother eats it or they just disapears.. the mother is kinda fat now.. so i would say she eats them all.. to add to the messery.. shes full of mites...
in her burrow i can see one white scopling corpse.. all this time been waiting.. and all gone in a split days.. i hate my life... Sad
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 12:37 pm

y did they all gone.. left it on its own.. high humidity, with water bowl wit some pebbles in it.. never peeked.... what happened.. took all u guys advice.. place the towel on it..
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 1:52 pm

Are you sure she has eaten them or all not just down her burrow and off her back?
Im so sorry if they are all really gone. Something must have been wrong with the batch and she ate them for that reason
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 1:57 pm

already checked the whole tank.. cant see any scoplings.. only a white corpse in her burrow..
i dunno whats the reasons but some say its too stressed.. mayb too moist (its not that moist). i dunno. no point in crying about it. cant do nothing.. well i leave her be and mayb next week i let her in with the rest of the colon to be breed again.. but shes still plump...
Back to top Go down
delirium
Hadogenes
delirium

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 2:22 pm

dude..... so sorry to hear bout it. Let it go man and hope for the better in future, don worry future is coming. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://slipperyjumps.blogspot.com
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 2:41 pm

hmm yeah.. mayb im luckier with ur Louticus.. Smile
Back to top Go down
delirium
Hadogenes
delirium

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 3:12 pm

yeah. hopefully man, hopefully. hey, if im you, i'd overhaul your scorp's tank.change the substrate, clean the tank and put her back. prob something is not right in there. they rarely eat their own man. u didnt touch it, disturb it or anything right. so the only thing should be the enclosure. I've seen Alex disturb 'Angie the giant H.Spinifer' when she has babies and nothing happens.
Back to top Go down
http://slipperyjumps.blogspot.com
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 9:08 pm

thats the thing that make me bother.. everyone elses disturb or leave the scorp on it own.. i left her with her babies for 3 day on it s own didnt peek at them or gone close to their enclosure... like many here said leave them for 2 weeks. but wen i checked it last night.. i cant see any babies on her back only her cleaning her self outside her burrow.. 'mmg x puas hati'.. but whats the point they're all gone... if only there were at least 5 of them still alive i would b happy... but none... Sad
Back to top Go down
rafiqos
Centruroides
rafiqos

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 9:33 pm

Here's some personal but not so great hint on brooding.

I keep the tanks with my mothers that are about to undergo parturition inside a larger opaque container. That way both the mother and babies have the privacy they need. I also keep them along with gecko eggs that I incubate under my bed - the one area in my room with least temperature fluctuations and least disturbance in form of ground vibration. I only offer the mother live food items once after the scorplings set feet on land and separated from the mother. Otherwise, its pre-killed food items for her until they leave her back.

Having no confidence is better than being over confident. My 2 cents worth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/rafiqos
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty5/31/2009, 10:50 pm

the thing is the babies has not molted to 2nd instar. they all still on top of their mother. I would have done the same if the babies have separated from the mother. but it seems not my lucky day.. oh well cant do nothing now.. just waiting for her to shed some weight and i shall place her in the colony for breeding again..
Back to top Go down
rafiqos
Centruroides
rafiqos

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 1:31 am

How long since her last meal before giving birth? - I hope it's not a repeat question Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/rafiqos
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 2:25 am

thursday last 2 weeks.. gave her a mealworm and next day gave her a dead crix...
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 2:31 am

then on tuesday last week she gave birth in the afternoon (dats wen i realized one white thing on her back..)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 11:57 am

Don't beat yourself up, man. These things happen. I've had three scorpion broods happen in my care, and only one of them had any survivors.
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 12:03 pm

should i have done something to prevent her from eating her babies?
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty6/1/2009, 4:45 pm

You cant stop her from eating her young when they are on her back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A total SHOCK!!   A total SHOCK!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A total SHOCK!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2