The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

What could I fill my empty tank with?

Go down 
+3
Mr. Mordax
H. laoticus
EWom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EWom
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-23

What could I fill my empty tank with? Empty
PostSubject: What could I fill my empty tank with?   What could I fill my empty tank with? Empty5/5/2009, 2:02 am

Well I'm now sitting on a 36"longx18"18" tank, and no idea what to fill it with. It previously contained a leezord, which sadly died to a nasty impaction.
I'm somewhat done with reptiles now, for the time being anyways; as I prefer inverts. I will of course sterilize the tank before I use it for anything else but wondering what to put in it. It's just so big for scorpions and tarantulas. I could put up some barriers and make it a multiple split tank; but I've been thinking it'd be pretty cool to use it for a communal set up.

I don't have much right now, cause my wife has restricted me to three tanks for my "creatures" with a side rule of "NO SNAKES!" which is fine; I don't dislike snakes or anything, I just read that they have a lot of health problems in captivity, and that's never fun to deal with.

Currently in my 10g I've got rosie T, in my 20g long, I've got two P.imps. They are all active and healthy.

I've been dying to get some B. jacksoni. I don't know which direction to go, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What could I fill my empty tank with?   What could I fill my empty tank with? Empty5/5/2009, 2:12 am

a large communal setup seems awesome to me ^^
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: What could I fill my empty tank with?   What could I fill my empty tank with? Empty5/5/2009, 2:21 am

Gigantic Heterometrus colony, if you like humid and burrowing . . . otherwise, I'd say gigantic Centruroides colony.

EWom wrote:
my wife has restricted me to three tanks for my "creatures"

Ouch! Maybe should have put something about that in the prenups . . . Razz

(Kidding, of course)
Back to top Go down
diabollicallycursed
Babycurus
diabollicallycursed

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: What could I fill my empty tank with?   What could I fill my empty tank with? Empty5/5/2009, 6:25 am

I don't remember the section but someone had a post in here somewhere of an awesome setup with like glass deviders in it you could try something similar. Mike prob knows what i'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: What could I fill my empty tank with?   What could I fill my empty tank with? Empty5/5/2009, 7:04 am

Back to top Go down
diabollicallycursed
Babycurus
diabollicallycursed

Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: What could I fill my empty tank with?   What could I fill my empty tank with? Empty5/5/2009, 9:42 pm

thats what i was talking about lol
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What could I fill my empty tank with?   What could I fill my empty tank with? Empty5/6/2009, 2:18 am

I have 9 B. Jacksoni that are currently waiting for the newest lil one to hit 5i then I'm putting them in a 20gallon...I can hardly wait. I have 4 red morphs and 5 chocolate morphs. Going to be a big planted communal set up...go for a b. jax tank...you won't be disappointed. Tarantula Inc. will give you a great price and has great scorpions...She has several b. jacksoni colonies so you'll get a nice genetically diverse mix.
Back to top Go down
jasent
Pandinus
jasent

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: What could I fill my empty tank with?   What could I fill my empty tank with? Empty5/7/2009, 8:32 am

i have jacksoni's their real cool and quite aggresive with their prey lots of fun
What could I fill my empty tank with? 026-7
What could I fill my empty tank with? 024-4
Back to top Go down
EWom
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What could I fill my empty tank with?   What could I fill my empty tank with? Empty5/7/2009, 5:43 pm

Hmm I'm considering getting a few more emps and throwing them in the big tank, then turning my current emp tank (20g long) into a B.jacksoni tank.

I'm quite aware of how "pet hole" emps are, but I still love them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What could I fill my empty tank with?   What could I fill my empty tank with? Empty

Back to top Go down

What could I fill my empty tank with?
Page 1 of 1