The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Newbie with questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
white_feather
Pandinus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Newbie with questions Empty
PostSubject: Newbie with questions   Newbie with questions Empty1/21/2009, 11:00 pm

Hello all, first post here. New to Scorpions. I have had many tarantulas over the years. I have had rattlesnakes, cobras, alligators and birds. I have had many pythons as well. I want to learn about scorpions. I have had the odd scorpion here and there but this time around I want to do it right. I am looking for scorpions that I can keep in Kritter Keepers. I prefer single scorpions in each enclosure. I may also keep them in Rubbermaid or Sterilite tubs if that is better recommended. I plan on putting them in the room with my tarantulas. I am aiming for a room temperature of 75 degrees fahrenheit. I am looking forward to any advice I can get. Tbank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with questions   Newbie with questions Empty1/22/2009, 2:14 am

Most any scorp can be kept in KKs. They don't keep humidity up too well but dumping water on the substrate should accomplish that (if you get some sort of forest scorpion).

Also, most scorpions (with the exception of desert species that hail from very hot regions) will do fine at slightly above room temperature. The hot-temperature species will do OK but juveniles will grow much slower and have lower survival rates.

If you want to keep scorpions individually I'd suggest Vaejovis spp. (some recently reclassified as Hoffimanus spp.) or Hadogenes spp.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with questions   Newbie with questions Empty1/22/2009, 2:29 am

Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with questions   Newbie with questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie with questions
Page 1 of 1