The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Random, kinda gross, cat question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Random, kinda gross, cat question Empty
PostSubject: Random, kinda gross, cat question   Random, kinda gross, cat question Empty11/29/2008, 1:05 pm

So, up until my current living arrangement, I've had mostly outdoor cats. And when they got sick, it was always on the carpet. (I usually had to clean it up, but that's beside the point.)

Now, I have two indoor cats, and one of them has gotten sick at least twice, and each time was in the litterbox.

I have a small theory that since the outdoor cats always associated bodily waste with being outside, they didn't really know what to do when they were sick, so they were just sick wherever they happened to be. With indoor cats, all their waste is eliminated in the litterbox, so that's where ours went to get sick.

Has anyone else had similar experience with this unpleasant topic? scratch
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random, kinda gross, cat question   Random, kinda gross, cat question Empty11/29/2008, 2:32 pm

thanks for that I am currently eating rice pudding, wonderful texture for vomit talk.
Both my cats are indoor cats and whenever they puke up they do it wherever they happen to be it has never been in the litter box
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Random, kinda gross, cat question   Random, kinda gross, cat question Empty11/29/2008, 2:37 pm

My guess is the cat is currently in the litter tray when the urge to vomit arrived. I cant see them thinking to run to a waste spot. Since when ive seen ours be sick they can barely move nor think though the gagging...hence vomiting on the bed, sofa carpet....yet they NEVER get the vomit urge when on the kitchen floor...funny that.

My OTHER possible guess....and I hope its NOT this hence why leaving it to last is that said kitty is feeding on the litter and its eating too much and being sick. Feeding on cat litter is bad and needs to be checked out by the vets...cats with some tummy problems eat the litter as a way to combat an inside issue but it just makes it worse.

Find out who it is...or sadly...take both to the vets...but my guess would be Phy...

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random, kinda gross, cat question   Random, kinda gross, cat question Empty11/29/2008, 2:41 pm

its not just those with tummy troubles, its been recorded that kittens will occasionally eat litter out of curiousity but then they dont usually do it more than once, im assuming thats because it tastes bad lol
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Random, kinda gross, cat question   Random, kinda gross, cat question Empty11/29/2008, 2:49 pm

well Phy is about...27 weeks now? something like that...so still a baby but not kitten kitten anymore....

My little kittens nibbled on the cat litter but thats stopped now...but if phy or even Eri is eating the litter because some desire is making them do so because of something going on inside then it does need to be checked out....

but one step at a time....

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Random, kinda gross, cat question   Random, kinda gross, cat question Empty11/29/2008, 4:47 pm

mike, are you are suggesting that they are copying humans? like a human tries to puke in the toilet if possible?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Random, kinda gross, cat question   Random, kinda gross, cat question Empty11/30/2008, 1:42 am

^^Well, it's a logical place to get rid of waste.

Connie, it was Eri, and he went to the litterbox and then evacuated his stomach. He may have done so before; we have clumping litter and I can't tell it apart from the feces. But he wasn't eating it; just hopping in, gagging, and finishing.

It seemed (this time at least; didn't pay attention the first time) like he was so eager for breakfast that he scarfed down more than he could handle and then went to take care of it.

Well, question answered -- Eri's just very clean when it comes to relieving himself (from either end).
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Random, kinda gross, cat question   Random, kinda gross, cat question Empty11/30/2008, 6:11 am

keep an eye as much as you can if he is on purpose eating cat littler but if he just happened to be sick in the tray then great Smile you have a very nice cat that knows what to do Smile
xxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random, kinda gross, cat question   Random, kinda gross, cat question Empty

Back to top Go down

Random, kinda gross, cat question
Page 1 of 1