The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingofHearts
Hadogenes
KingofHearts

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-08-17

My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty
PostSubject: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/23/2012, 10:45 pm

Hello all. I got my first Emp today, and he seemed to do fine. I named him Vile by the way.
Well everything was going great when I got him home. The first thing he did was hide under the fake bride I got him for his tank, which made me lol because he thought it was his actual hide. Then I made sure he had everything he needed and left him to his own devices so he can get used to his new home.
I checked on him later, and he found his real hide that I got for him. So far so good.
BUT a little after that, I came in and I found him on the opposite end of the tank, what I tried to make the "cool end", and it looked like he was trying to run up the wall! Now being new, this honestly worried me a bit. Shocked

The temp of the tank is right at 86 degrees (Fahrenheit), and I know the humidity is perfect.

PLEASE if anyone has any idea why he would be fine for a few hours and then not, Id really appreciate any help.
Also feel free to give me any pointers about my tank. Its 10 gallons, mesh screen. He has a hide on the left, where I keep the 50watt IR bulb over mostly, a toy bridge in the middle and a water dish on the left.

Id post pics but apparently Im too new. Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/KingofHeartsNERDCORE
KLN1988
Centruroides
KLN1988

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2012-06-22

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/24/2012, 12:15 am

most scorps will try to escape. im pretty sure that it will be fine!
what substrate do you use, and how many inches of it?
Back to top Go down
KLN1988
Centruroides
KLN1988

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/24/2012, 12:16 am

and welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/24/2012, 12:59 am

Nothing to worry about, all scorps will try to do this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/24/2012, 4:25 am

Scorpion19981000 wrote:
Nothing to worry about, all scorps will try to do this.

+1

They take a while to learn the surroundings and the limits of their tank, as they do not see very good and do not realize the glass is actually an obstacle they can't pass through.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
KingofHearts
Hadogenes
KingofHearts

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/24/2012, 9:33 am

KLN1988 wrote:
most scorps will try to escape. im pretty sure that it will be fine!
what substrate do you use, and how many inches of it?

Eco-Earth, a little over 4inches on the left side where his hide is, and about 3 to 3 and 1/2 on the right side. I tried to make it interesting in there for him.

It was actually really interesting, I woke up this morning and found he burrowed down a bit, but the cool part is he did it so he was actually visible from inside because he was so close to the glass. I guess thats a good sign right??
Back to top Go down
KingofHearts
Hadogenes
KingofHearts

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/24/2012, 9:39 am

@KLN1988: Also, thanks for the kind welcome!

@Scorpion19981000: Thanks, its re-assuring knowing that its something all of them will do at first.

@DolbyR: I read on some of the other topics that they have pretty bad eyesight, sort of. But the reason I was so worried is because it was just so sudden. Here I come into the room, expecting a nice happy scorpion just chilling around, and here he is freaking out on the glass! I thought my poor little guy was burning to death Sad
Back to top Go down
Scorpion975
Pandinus
Scorpion975

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/24/2012, 12:59 pm

Nah mine did that too as I think almost all of them do. Smile
Back to top Go down
KingofHearts
Hadogenes
KingofHearts

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/24/2012, 1:53 pm

Scorpion975 wrote:
Nah mine did that too as I think almost all of them do. Smile

Thanks dude.
Also for anyone interested, heres a pic of my scorp in his new burrow he made today.
Kind of funny the way he did it, hes been down there for about 5 hours now.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/24/2012, 5:27 pm

Nice looking scorp, you appear to have a very happy "pet hole" Wink .
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
KLN1988
Centruroides
KLN1988

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/25/2012, 2:36 am

thats just great! sometimes it takes time before they burrow :-) i think i got a good homer there. good luck with him
Back to top Go down
KingofHearts
Hadogenes
KingofHearts

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty8/25/2012, 9:18 am

@Scorpion19981000: Thanks, I think hes decently happy. Still being goofy at night, trying to see if he can escape, but Im sure he will grow out of it. Smile

@KLN1988: Its pretty nice, I think he enjoys burrowing during the day and at night he just hangs out in his hide. Think I got myself a great new friend!

Thanks everyone who helped me out in this thread, by the way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.   My first Emp. Kinda worried about him. Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Emp. Kinda worried about him.
Page 1 of 1