The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Pandinus smithi twitching left claw

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
testdasi
Pandinus

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Pandinus smithi twitching left claw Empty
PostSubject: Pandinus smithi twitching left claw   Pandinus smithi twitching left claw Empty10/30/2008, 5:44 pm

My new Pandinus smithi just arrived. It appears alright, except that it periodically twitch its left claw and only the left claw. Sort of like Parkinson diseasea but only on the left claw. It crawls around fine.

Please help!!!

Below is the clip that I filmed it. There are two parts of the clip. One is when it was near the water dish. The last part was when it was hiding.

Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Pandinus smithi twitching left claw   Pandinus smithi twitching left claw Empty10/30/2008, 7:51 pm

i'm sure it isn't anything serious. perhaps it is a lighter form of "dyskinetic syndrome" that is often seen in Tarantulas. perhaps it somehow Absorbed something bad in during shipping.

whatever it is i'm sure it is nothing serious... if it's still scuttling around at night and feeding i'm sure it's fine.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Pandinus smithi twitching left claw   Pandinus smithi twitching left claw Empty10/31/2008, 5:27 pm

After talking with some people from the BTS at the leeds show, and explaining the symptoms of one of my U'granualtus, it appears that it did possible have dyskinetic syndrome or condition similar.

Mine would look like it was ok one minute, eating fine, then shaking and looking like it was having a fit. Eventually it was overcome by the condition and I only had it a very short time.
We think that travelling in the post and a new environment might have triggered its deterioration.

So long as it is eating fine just leave it to it's own devices. But with a bit of luck it may not be dyskinetic syndrome or similar.

One thing I have noticed with D.S in tarantula's is that if you antagonise them they shake and fit a lot. There are plenty of video's on you tube of people 'prodding' their tarantula to make it shake and fit like mad. Personally I have several words for those people, none I can use on here!
But if you notice that if you accidentally knock the tank or when doing maintenance it shakes more then I think it may have the syndrome. If thats the case keep it in a nice quiet place Smile
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Pandinus smithi twitching left claw   Pandinus smithi twitching left claw Empty11/1/2008, 6:29 am

shaking spiders is normaly caused by some kind of fungus, pesticide or orther stuff like that.. i have seen it servel times and alot of times its because ppl with dogs and cats have sprayed them or the house with anti flee venom and stuff like that..
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Pandinus smithi twitching left claw   Pandinus smithi twitching left claw Empty11/1/2008, 3:05 pm

we dont have that problem in our house... no fluffies here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pandinus smithi twitching left claw   Pandinus smithi twitching left claw Empty

Back to top Go down

Pandinus smithi twitching left claw
Page 1 of 1