The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

sexing 3 H. arizonensis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2008-02-06

sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty
PostSubject: sexing 3 H. arizonensis   sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty7/6/2008, 1:26 pm

I used servimg just for you Eddy.

1st
sexing 3 H. arizonensis Imgp6012

2nd
sexing 3 H. arizonensis Imgp6011

3rd
sexing 3 H. arizonensis Imgp6010
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: sexing 3 H. arizonensis   sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty7/7/2008, 10:14 am

1st: 29 teeth.

2nd: 29 teeth.

3rd: 27 teeth.

My guess is they're all the same sex, but I don't have the pectine counts for this species.
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: sexing 3 H. arizonensis   sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty7/7/2008, 12:08 pm

The venom list SOTM for this species says 32-37 equal male, and 24-31 equal female. For some reason I don't believe they are all female. Although the last two are kept communal and I have not observed any mating and they are not agressive.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: sexing 3 H. arizonensis   sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty7/7/2008, 8:16 pm

PEctine size and teeth look to be the same. It's hard for me to tell without comparison what sex it is but my guess is all female. Let me know if you want a male I'll send it over with your LQ.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: sexing 3 H. arizonensis   sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty7/7/2008, 8:52 pm

I appreciate the offer Eddy. The poll is still going to what they are. The last two are my friends that I am babysitting. He was curious what the sexes were and I wouldn't mind a gravid H. arizonensis. If they are all female I might journey out to find another. Are you still looking for any H.a.? Any news about your shipping situation?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: sexing 3 H. arizonensis   sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty7/7/2008, 10:14 pm

Bank account still -90 so I'm waitin on my fat check which SHOULD arrive tommorow. Have about 6 people counting on me I'm so emerassed but everyone seems cool about it. I actually am looking for more H.a let me know if you find any
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: sexing 3 H. arizonensis   sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty7/7/2008, 10:25 pm

stuff happens right. I might be going out looking for some more H. a if I don't have a pair. I'll definitely keep you in mind.

Last edited by ~Abyss~ on 7/7/2008, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : language :/)
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: sexing 3 H. arizonensis   sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty7/7/2008, 10:38 pm

I still think whatever the sex is, you don't have a pair. You'll see a big differance in pectine lenght and shape in this species.
Back to top Go down
ednep
Pandinus
ednep

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: sexing 3 H. arizonensis   sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty8/10/2008, 9:43 am

how where you able to get pics of your h.a.??? Viking by dangling and picking them up by the tail?? because in my experience im having a hard time taking pics when just waiting for them to rise up in there enclosures.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: sexing 3 H. arizonensis   sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty8/10/2008, 10:02 am

ednep wrote:
how where you able to get pics of your h.a.??? Viking by dangling and picking them up by the tail?? because in my experience im having a hard time taking pics when just waiting for them to rise up in there enclosures.

putting them in a clear box is an easy method or a glass tank works better.

i also think they are all female they look just like my girl, ill try get a pectine shot of my male so you can compare if you like.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: sexing 3 H. arizonensis   sexing 3 H. arizonensis Empty8/10/2008, 10:07 am

this one is male

sexing 3 H. arizonensis Rwetfg10

same male again close up
sexing 3 H. arizonensis Fscorp10

and then there is this one

this one is female

sexing 3 H. arizonensis Gdusrx10

my male is not in a co operative mood so these arent my pictures but should demonstrate the point
Back to top Go down

sexing 3 H. arizonensis
Page 1 of 1