The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)

Go down 
+4
Patcho
Tongue Flicker
~Abyss~
Shakudo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty
PostSubject: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/19/2013, 7:06 pm

Hello friends...

Of course....nobody saw this one coming right Laughing

I didn't talk at all much about this species....... Embarassed

Never mind the countless comments on other H. Paucidens........
The questions....or the hypothetical thread Laughing

Wel...I saw an ad the other day from a pet store that I am familiar with, and they advertised H. Troglodytes ...
The pictures with the add where of H. Troglodytes... and H. Paucidens.... I emailed and got a reply they only had H. Troglodytes....

I already had an empty exo terra, I moved my Tarantula back into her old enclosure. I didn't get the feeling she was happy in it. So I toyed with the idea....

Of course also when being honest... I have spent countless hours looking at pictures....threads.....comments..... all sorts of info on Hadogenes....

And today I got a feeling that I should go to the pet store and just take a look at the H. Troglodytes.
I wasn't planning on buying one, perhaps only if one really caught my eye.

In the store I asked to see the scorpions, and immediatly saw that it was H. Paucidens....

Now I have been a little bit obsessed with H. Paucidens for a while Wink so I went banana's and spent the whole day making an enclosure... It is near completion...

Sadly I have made an error in cutting the background which is now to small on the edges and you can see a strip of glass on each side... So tomorrow I am going back and get another one.. Sad that this was a waste of money but my own mistake.

Terrarium:

I used aquarium sand (without additives) mixed it with lava stones, a small bag of aquarium gravel, and some pearl? sand.. the white sand for bird cages with pieces of shell and gravel in it......it smells great like aniseed.
I mixed it with some left over reptisand, and sprinkled a little dry forest ground over it all....

The stones I used.... pfff man... went this morning to the gardening? center. And purchased a big [buttocks] yellowish slate stone. At home, chucked it on the ground a few times where it broke and the pieces used for the flat rock hotel;)

As these species is considered lithophilic, or rock-dwelling I do not expect any digging, and had a spare heat mat, so I put that under the tank.

And of course purchased the scorpion I showed in my hypothetical thread;)!

This time, checked the entire body, and she is in good health... a good size and I think sub adult...

Please enjoy...finally my very own Hadogenes Paucidens....
And the terrarium which was no small amount of effort I can tell you I am totally spent right now.

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Tp be honest... when I posted this picture, I already decided to get it;)
Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) 484165_521700204536056_1068687180_n

Well to be sure took a picture of it's underside... I seriously do not know the sex. Nobody could tell me. But read a post of Callum's which told me the male's metasoma is longer.
I also compared several pcitures and the males are a bit stockier built.
I personally think it is a she... when I look at the build.

Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) 24284_521700224536054_291993122_n

Isn't she beautiful! <3
Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) 578956_521700214536055_196796350_n

Hope you guys like the pictures!

Take care friends,

Joey

Last edited by Shakudo on 4/29/2013, 1:58 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/19/2013, 7:08 pm

Beautiful pics man!
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/19/2013, 7:11 pm

wahahaha! finally!! congratulations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/19/2013, 7:27 pm

~Abyss~ wrote:
Beautiful pics man!

Thank you Eddy much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/19/2013, 7:38 pm

exoticvirus wrote:
wahahaha! finally!! congratulations Very Happy

Finally yeah:P

thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/19/2013, 7:40 pm

watch how it moves around (not walk). one word, magical.. haha!
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/19/2013, 8:14 pm

I hope to see that tomorrow, she is now in a plastic cricket box in her exo terra. I have to get her new background form the pet store. And than we can (flat) rock LOL
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/19/2013, 8:28 pm

I congratulate you sir. Your terrarium setups never cease to amaze me. The passion you have for your animals is inspiring and I wish them all a long and happy life. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/19/2013, 9:20 pm

Looks awesome Joey! Sweet set up. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/20/2013, 3:56 am

Patcho wrote:
I congratulate you sir. Your terrarium setups never cease to amaze me. The passion you have for your animals is inspiring and I wish them all a long and happy life. Smile

Thank you so much Shocked Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/20/2013, 3:57 am

Bayss wrote:
Looks awesome Joey! Sweet set up. Congratulations!

Thank you so much Smile

Last edited by Shakudo on 3/20/2013, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/20/2013, 9:13 am

Looking good! The setup is just superb!
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/20/2013, 3:39 pm

shaneshac wrote:
Looking good! The setup is just superb!

Thank you very much:)
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/20/2013, 4:01 pm

Ok... today was another one of restlessness and wanting to finish the enclosure so Miss Paucidens could move in...(yes it is a she, someone sexed her for me) Smile

Well.... I got the background done, I called the store and they pre cut it for me, I just had to take a snip of the bottom to make it fit nicely.
I replaced the stones in the most secure way I could think of, tested it all and decorated it all again.

Added some Catappa leaves for more natural effects, and placed the light on the back half of the screen top, which works best with the lighting coming down ,making the background visible.

Here is the endresult:

Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) 45448_521974064508670_1916271563_n

Close up:

Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) 248913_521974071175336_216607898_n

Miss Paucidens finally in her new home:)
Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) 295506_521974067842003_1189750024_n

Finally... I have a pet rock;) I already saw some chela sticking out under the rock, so I think my "Pet hole thread here will be updated soon;)

Take care everybody !

Joey
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/20/2013, 4:06 pm

Yeah this species is very easy to sex. I saw your facebook post so I didn't bother since someone else had already beat me to it lol. Nice set up so far.
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/20/2013, 11:44 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/21/2013, 12:50 am

Hey Joey, that picture for the Hadogenes enclosure you had in the link in your other thread, how would one go about making the rocky/dirty backdrop for that enclosure. I don't want to make it out of Styrofoam either.

Hypothetically of course Wink
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/21/2013, 6:58 am

~Abyss~ wrote:
Yeah this species is very easy to sex. I saw your facebook post so I didn't bother since someone else had already beat me to it lol. Nice set up so far.

They are quick Smile

Thank you Eddy, I really loved making it.
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/21/2013, 6:58 am

exoticvirus wrote:
nice

Tnx:)
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/21/2013, 7:16 am

Patcho wrote:
Hey Joey, that picture for the Hadogenes enclosure you had in the link in your other thread, how would one go about making the rocky/dirty backdrop for that enclosure. I don't want to make it out of Styrofoam either.

Hypothetically of course Wink

Well...
Hypothetically of course... Razz
I believe he used tile adhesive, then pushed in the stones and then added the substrate (clay with sand) and etc.
Keep in mind if you attempt such a thing, that you do not put too many stones in the backdrop, it will become too heavy and glass can break.

Heiko only put in about 3 / 4 big stones and the rest are all smaller I think.
And that is the top half of the back only. The rest he filled up with substrate stones and other material.
I will send you a pm with a link you can check that out, it s in German though, if you can understand you can read his log, if you don't, you can look at the pics, and see for yourself how he did it.

Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/21/2013, 7:01 pm

She... eats... like a boss!

Yesterday put in a grashopper, she took it.

Today had a grashopper left... she took it...

I am glad she eats:) Very happy!
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/22/2013, 5:12 pm

Her name is now Leia, Princess Paucidens of Slaterock City Smile
up

LOL I love Star Wars Wink
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/22/2013, 5:58 pm

LOL off topic a bit but a few months ago my wife's niece was having her first bday party and it was princess themed. Of course everyone went as Bell,Snow white, Cinderella, my daughter was the only Leia LOL....SHE'S A DISNEY PRINCESS NOW!
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/22/2013, 7:04 pm

~Abyss~ wrote:
LOL off topic a bit but a few months ago my wife's niece was having her first bday party and it was princess themed. Of course everyone went as Bell,Snow white, Cinderella, my daughter was the only Leia LOL....SHE'S A DISNEY PRINCESS NOW!

Your daughter has good taste... She is a boss! Lol
Go Leia's!
Back to top Go down
Mako
Centruroides
Mako

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty3/27/2013, 12:21 pm

Dude...that is such a nice setup! Im jealous! Evil or Very Mad

Super nice specimen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)   Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;) Empty

Back to top Go down

Leia, Hadogenes Paucidens of course;)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next