The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Paruroctonus Boreus. What sex combo for keeping together?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Paruroctonus Boreus. What sex combo for keeping together? Empty
PostSubject: Paruroctonus Boreus. What sex combo for keeping together?   Paruroctonus Boreus. What sex combo for keeping together? Empty1/31/2013, 2:19 am

I've been reading everything I can find on P. Boreus because I'm going to keep 2 together. I know there is a risk of cannibalism, but I'll keep them well fed, lot's of hides, room to burrow, use adults, heavy observation, etc., to reduce the risk. I was thinking male/female pair but, then I remembered seeing long ago that keeping same sex pairs can reduce cannibalism risk. I know females tend to eat the males more frequently. I'm not so concerned about breeding these right now as I am in learning how they do together.

I'm interested in what others who have kept pairs would suggest on the best combo. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Paruroctonus Boreus. What sex combo for keeping together?   Paruroctonus Boreus. What sex combo for keeping together? Empty1/31/2013, 2:29 am

That's interesting, I would have imagined opposite sex would do better together. Whenever you find out post your results
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Paruroctonus Boreus. What sex combo for keeping together?   Paruroctonus Boreus. What sex combo for keeping together? Empty1/31/2013, 3:39 pm

Thanks! Has anybody kept two males or two females together before with good results? I'm looking for suggestions as to the best pairing for reduced risk of cannibalism.
Back to top Go down

Paruroctonus Boreus. What sex combo for keeping together?
Page 1 of 1