The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Possible Mesobuthus eupeus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ipreventdeath
Pandinus
ipreventdeath

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-11-27

Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Empty
PostSubject: Possible Mesobuthus eupeus   Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Empty11/27/2012, 11:35 am

Here is a few shots of a possible Mesobuthus eupeus I found while on tour in Afghanistan. I'm not entirely sure how to sex this species, but my assumption was male for this one. He was found under an average rock at about 8,000ft on a hilltop surrounded but numerous small centipedes and other small insects. He was about 2in long and extremely docile.

Possible Mesobuthus eupeus AbdZSUPWPossible Mesobuthus eupeus Adzdo9Gc
Possible Mesobuthus eupeus AdmWlJGvPossible Mesobuthus eupeus Acj9EVTH
Possible Mesobuthus eupeus AcrxYYpyPossible Mesobuthus eupeus AblBtnwb
Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Aboa9OCw
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mesobuthus eupeus   Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Empty11/27/2012, 1:51 pm

That is indeed M.eupeus
and welcome to the forum btw Smile
Back to top Go down
kido
Pandinus
kido

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mesobuthus eupeus   Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Empty11/27/2012, 2:44 pm

hey nice scorpion you got lucky hehe
Back to top Go down
ipreventdeath
Pandinus
ipreventdeath

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mesobuthus eupeus   Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Empty11/27/2012, 4:06 pm

Thanks guys. It was the only one I had found throughout my year there (not that I was trying overly hard to search for them), but did see a lot of camel spiders. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mesobuthus eupeus   Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Empty11/28/2012, 1:22 am

Cool scorp! Did you keep him? I'm surprised he was so friendly!
Back to top Go down
ipreventdeath
Pandinus
ipreventdeath

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mesobuthus eupeus   Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Empty11/28/2012, 2:50 am

robert44 wrote:
Cool scorp! Did you keep him? I'm surprised he was so friendly!

No, I couldn't keep him. I was deployed and on mission... and for some reason there are strict rules regarding the keeping of animals in living areas. That and customs is ridiculous. There was no chance of mailing him out.
I was also shocked at how docile he was. There was no threatening posture or attempt at fleeing. He just lazily crawled around on my hand.
Back to top Go down
robert44
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mesobuthus eupeus   Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Empty11/28/2012, 11:47 am

Very interesting! Hopefully he was saving his venom to give the enemy a nice sting!

I had a camel spider once but he did not last too long. I read everything I could on them but I think they are hard to keep alive. He came from a pet store, I guess he could have been old when I got him. Thanks for sharing your experiences in Afghanistan!

There was some of those sorps for sale on this forum a couple of years ago but I'm not sure how often they come up for sale if you are interested in picking one up.

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t8788-fs-scorpions-from-afghanistan-ger
Back to top Go down
ipreventdeath
Pandinus
ipreventdeath

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mesobuthus eupeus   Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Empty11/28/2012, 12:12 pm

robert44 wrote:
Very interesting! Hopefully he was saving his venom to give the enemy a nice sting!

I had a camel spider once but he did not last too long. I read everything I could on them but I think they are hard to keep alive. He came from a pet store, I guess he could have been old when I got him.

That could be the case. The weather is extreme there. it swings wildly between seasons and even within a season. We found this baby camel spider while building a COP in the middle of nowhere...
Possible Mesobuthus eupeus AbpUFABI

Among many other critters...
Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Adv55B7fPossible Mesobuthus eupeus AdiaI5BK
Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Abs14GbtPossible Mesobuthus eupeus AbckeCYV
Back to top Go down
robert44
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mesobuthus eupeus   Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Empty11/28/2012, 9:49 pm

Cool critters! Trying to survive in Afghanistan must be about like living on the face of the moon. Maybe I babied my camel spider too much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Mesobuthus eupeus   Possible Mesobuthus eupeus Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible Mesobuthus eupeus
Page 1 of 1