The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Determining a 3i Emp

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bloodysky023
Pandinus
bloodysky023

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Determining a 3i Emp Empty
PostSubject: Determining a 3i Emp   Determining a 3i Emp Empty10/22/2012, 10:12 am

hi guys im new here in the forum and also new in this hobby and i'd like to ask if this lil guy/gal here is an emp or just an H.longi cuz you see here in our country h.longi and emp's prices are way too different..
im about to buy him/her next week and im not sure if its an emp or an h.longi since they are quite the same in looks @ early stages

btw the seller told me he's in his 3rd instar..
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Determining a 3i Emp   Determining a 3i Emp Empty10/23/2012, 1:16 am

Hi, yup it seems right for it to be a 3.instar.

You should be able to differentiate it from about 5.instar onwards when the granulation of the chela start to show.

What did your dealer tell you on their species?
Back to top Go down
bloodysky023
Pandinus
bloodysky023

PostSubject: Re: Determining a 3i Emp   Determining a 3i Emp Empty10/23/2012, 4:28 am

he told me that emps are full black in colors , that no emps are of somehow green shaded if its green shaded then its an h.longi and it could also be determined via their chela that emp's chela's are heartshaped even at early stages hmm... can't recall other things he said, so what do you guys think ...? i'd like to start off this hobby with an emp since emp's are really the most recommended scorpion for starters heh..
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Determining a 3i Emp   Determining a 3i Emp Empty10/23/2012, 4:33 am

too early to tell really, looks very light in colour though, my young emps look black hardened or grey when just molted
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Determining a 3i Emp   Determining a 3i Emp Empty10/23/2012, 4:55 am

You may wish to take a look at the following threads:

[Case Study] Bex's Emp tyni has had babies

[ASA] Heterometrus longimanus

In opinion, both are really cool beginner scorpions. No matter which you start of, you'll most likely end up getting more and more in time to come. So does it matter which is first? Smile
Back to top Go down
bloodysky023
Pandinus
bloodysky023

PostSubject: Re: Determining a 3i Emp   Determining a 3i Emp Empty10/23/2012, 10:39 am

nahh, i dun really care which comes first man, my prob is their prices... as i've said earlier their prices are way too different
uhmm well you see here in the philippines
emps price (2i emps) ranges from 500-700 pesos.
if you will convert it into USD that's 12-17 USD
while H.Longi's (2i Longi's) price ranges from 100-150 pesos.
if converted to USD that's 2.5-3.5 USD..
Back to top Go down
toidy
Centruroides
toidy

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2012-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Determining a 3i Emp   Determining a 3i Emp Empty10/24/2012, 4:05 am

bloodysky023 wrote:
hi guys im new here in the forum and also new in this hobby and i'd like to ask if this lil guy/gal here is an emp or just an H.longi cuz you see here in our country h.longi and emp's prices are way too different..
im about to buy him/her next week and im not sure if its an emp or an h.longi since they are quite the same in looks @ early stages

btw the seller told me he's in his 3rd instar..

who are you getting it from? where did you see his ad?
Back to top Go down
bloodysky023
Pandinus
bloodysky023

PostSubject: Re: Determining a 3i Emp   Determining a 3i Emp Empty10/24/2012, 11:13 am

^
@sulit.com.ph
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Determining a 3i Emp   Determining a 3i Emp Empty

Back to top Go down

Determining a 3i Emp
Page 1 of 1