The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider)

Go down 
+2
Mr. Mordax
EWom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EWom
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider) Empty
PostSubject: Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider)   Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider) Empty6/5/2008, 6:56 pm

Anyone else in the northwest deal with these? They are becoming a real problem in western Montana. I've never seen a more aggressive arachnid. I've literally been chased by them, and as the old saying goes "If you see one in your house, you've actually got hundreds of them." I've had to help "clean" up three infestations of them, one of them was literally in the thousands if not millions. My girlfriends sisters basement, was literally covered in them. We went down and it was like the floor was moving there were so many.

While I am usually a live and let live kind of guy, but an animal that has a nasty bite, and attitude, roaming my house just isn't really welcome. While some articles say their bite isn't as bad as people claim it to be, I've seen someone who had a bites all over their hand and arm from them. While not the flesh eating necrotic bite it was claimed to be when they first hit the area, it looked very nasty and painful. Large pus filled bumps, that sometimes got big enough to rupture on their own if she didn't have a doctor lance em first. :\

I once had one caught in a big old peanut jar I'd washed out to study it a little. They seem like a fairly intense species, but not one I'd ever want to keep again.

EDIT: For the record, I've also had to clean up a black widow infestation that was under an old semi trailer. I would much rather deal with the widows than the hobos, even though they are more dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider)   Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider) Empty6/5/2008, 9:19 pm

I've heard we have 'em in the northwest, but I've never seen one -- then again, they look too much like house spiders for me to know the difference if I do see one.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider)   Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider) Empty6/6/2008, 9:37 am

*shudders*
Im never moving to a hot country!
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider)   Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider) Empty6/6/2008, 9:41 am

hmm i think we have does in Denmark Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jmoran1097
Hadogenes
jmoran1097

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider)   Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider) Empty6/6/2008, 9:48 am

both brothers were bitten in the exact same spot (ankles) last winter by Hobo spiders. let me tell you, the pain they were in seemed excruciating. the swelling/wound lasted a good month-month/half.

plus, watching your brother clean the wound would have made anyone want to throw up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/moranspace
sliprep66
Babycurus
sliprep66

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider)   Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider) Empty6/9/2008, 8:01 pm

thats why i hate spiders i dont mond big ones but the little one bother me just (assumming)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider)   Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tegenaria agrestis (hobo spider)
Page 1 of 1