The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Acting Like a Spaz and diet questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Acting Like a Spaz and diet questions Empty
PostSubject: Acting Like a Spaz and diet questions   Acting Like a Spaz and diet questions Empty10/4/2012, 6:13 pm

Howdy all,

My little Bearded Dragon, Peaches, has been acting a little odd lately. When I first got her she was a little hyper and tended to nip and hiss and fuss whenever I went to get her out of her tank. After about a week of interaction she calmed down and was really chill and mellow. All of a sudden out of the blue she started acting hyper and aggressive again. She raises all kinds of cane when I get into her tank to get her out and she tries to nip me. She settles eventually in my hands but when I set her on my chest or something her favorite game is "Pretend to be invincible and conquer the living room at the speed of light". Any tips? She has been raised alone so far and I intend to get her a friend when I get the money. Would that help?

Also,
Anyone have anything special they offer their beardies as treats? I have a whole list of foods:

Crickets
Meal Worms
Wax Worms
Super Worms
Dubai Roaches
Silk Worms
Butter Worms
Red Worms
Pinkie Mice
Dandelion Greens
Collard Greens
Chickory Greens
Mustard Greens
Turnip Greens
Escarole
Parsley
Squash
Carrots
Green Beans
Peas
Bell Peppers
Berries
Apples
Grapes
Cantaloupe
Papaya
Mango
Blue Berries
Bananas

Anyone have anything else that they have found Beardies to like?

Thanks All!

-Wyatt
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Acting Like a Spaz and diet questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting Like a Spaz and diet questions   Acting Like a Spaz and diet questions Empty10/5/2012, 3:13 am

WyattEarp4137 wrote:
I intend to get her a friend when I get the money. Would that help?

Not really a good idea. BDs are very territorial and should not be kept communally. You may eventually try to keep a PAIR together, but NEVER house 2 males together, the consequences could be disastrous.

You can look here for a list of good and bad foods and make your judgment. Your list is fine for TREATS, but a part of it is not suitable for regular diet (mealworms, parsley, waxworms, etc.)

As for the behaviour, just keep handling moderately and she'll get used. Baby dragons are often very defensive by nature and it will be easier to "tame" them once they grow a bit.

Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com

Acting Like a Spaz and diet questions
Page 1 of 1