The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Centruroides Vittatus care

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RTHalcyonDays
Pandinus
RTHalcyonDays

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-08-15

Centruroides Vittatus care Empty
PostSubject: Centruroides Vittatus care   Centruroides Vittatus care Empty8/16/2012, 1:05 am

Hey guys,

We just caught this Centruroides Vittatus male today out on the Air Base, my father thought he was cool and brought him home. I've been a Scorpion person for a while, and been wanting to get a Pandinus Imperator for a while, but this guys my first.

I want to know how much water I should give him, how often should I try and feed him, etc. There are plenty of small crickets I can capture around the house to give to him, so I'm not worried about food supply. Also, how big of an enclosure should I keep him in? I have him in a CD case right now (the tower they sell a bunch of burnable CDs in). I need to know if I should move him to something larger, so I'll make sure to find something.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by RTHalcyonDays on 8/16/2012, 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides Vittatus care   Centruroides Vittatus care Empty8/16/2012, 1:10 am

Here's a couple caresheets that should answer your questions. Smile
Centruroides vittatus caresheet.
[ASA] Bark Scorpions' Caresheet
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
RTHalcyonDays
Pandinus
RTHalcyonDays

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides Vittatus care   Centruroides Vittatus care Empty8/16/2012, 1:20 am

Thanks, question is can you tell me how I can determine it's age? He's about the size of a quarter.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides Vittatus care   Centruroides Vittatus care Empty8/16/2012, 1:25 am

Your scorpion is an adult, adult males have much longer metasomal sections then females.
There is know way of determining it's exact age unless you raised it yourself. (Or bought it from someone who knew it's age.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
RTHalcyonDays
Pandinus
RTHalcyonDays

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides Vittatus care   Centruroides Vittatus care Empty8/16/2012, 2:47 am

Yeah unfortunately it was a wild caught Scorpion. He seems very docile, and seems content in his new home. I don't have anything larger to move him into yet, so this CD tower will have to do for now. I'll see if I can find something a bit bigger tomorrow. He's bed down next to a rock right now. I put a cricket in with him, but he must have already eaten because he won't attack it even when it's right on his head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Centruroides Vittatus care   Centruroides Vittatus care Empty

Back to top Go down

Centruroides Vittatus care
Page 1 of 1