The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Questions on other Insects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bayushi-san
Hadogenes
Bayushi-san

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-07-01

Questions on other Insects Empty
PostSubject: Questions on other Insects   Questions on other Insects Empty8/6/2012, 7:46 pm

So, I've noticed a very curious little jumping spider investigating the outside of my Scorpion Tank. He's hardly an eighth of an inch long, skittish, standard jumping spider. I'm wondering if I should be worried about him getting into the tank. The lid I use is a wire mesh lid that he can easily walk into.
Back to top Go down
buddylee79
Pandinus
buddylee79

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Questions on other Insects   Questions on other Insects Empty8/6/2012, 9:48 pm

I'm definately no expert but have had several lil spider take up residence in various tanks without problems. They seem to dine on unwanted flies and other lil critters.
Back to top Go down
Gnat
Centruroides
Gnat

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Questions on other Insects   Questions on other Insects Empty8/6/2012, 11:49 pm

the jumping spider is nothing to be concerned with, as buddylee79 stated, I too have had various small spiders take residence in my invert cages and also in some of my reptile cages. Most I leave alone just because they aren't harming anything and I think its cool that my pets have a 'pet'.

Last edited by Gnat on 8/6/2012, 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/gnat
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions on other Insects   Questions on other Insects Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions on other Insects
Page 1 of 1