The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

thinking about a new scorpion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wcwalker136
Pandinus
wcwalker136

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-11-02

thinking about a new scorpion  Empty
PostSubject: thinking about a new scorpion    thinking about a new scorpion  Empty7/11/2012, 9:13 pm

i have an emperor and i love it im thinking about getting a new scorpion i'm just not sure what to get any suggestions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/wcwalker136
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: thinking about a new scorpion    thinking about a new scorpion  Empty7/11/2012, 10:21 pm

It all depends on what you're lookin' for. Desert Hairy is a good choice if you are lookin for something you may want to handle although they are a little more touchy than emps. You've got about 1500 species to choose from.
Back to top Go down
jahines1
Centruroides
jahines1

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: thinking about a new scorpion    thinking about a new scorpion  Empty7/12/2012, 12:00 am

I've heard that desert harrys don't live past their first molt most times if you by them young from pet stores. That's the word at least. I reccomend a bark scorpion of some sort.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: thinking about a new scorpion    thinking about a new scorpion  Empty7/12/2012, 9:22 am

wcwalker136 wrote:
i have an emperor and i love it im thinking about getting a new scorpion i'm just not sure what to get any suggestions.

It all depends on what you're looking after?
Big/small? Desert/Tropical, etc... Give us some criteria and then we can give you some suggestions.

You can also take a look at Choose your Scorpion Wizard

It's not a very extensive list but gives a few good suggestions.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
wcwalker136
Pandinus
wcwalker136

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-11-02

PostSubject: Re: thinking about a new scorpion    thinking about a new scorpion  Empty7/12/2012, 7:23 pm

as long as its not hard as crap to take care of n wont kill me. i'd go for sumthing on the bigger side but anything the gives me sumthing to do will work for me
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/wcwalker136
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: thinking about a new scorpion    thinking about a new scorpion  Empty7/13/2012, 2:22 am

Sounds like, H. arizonensis or any Heterometrus spp. could be an interesting choice for you.
Haddies are really easy to look after and pretty "maintenance" free. Hets need a bit more work as you need to maintain humidity, clean after feedings (to avoid mites), etc. And both get pretty big.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: thinking about a new scorpion    thinking about a new scorpion  Empty7/13/2012, 9:01 am

+1
DolbyR wrote:
Sounds like, H. arizonensis or any Heterometrus spp. could be an interesting choice for you.
Haddies are really easy to look after and pretty "maintenance" free. Hets need a bit more work as you need to maintain humidity, clean after feedings (to avoid mites), etc. And both get pretty big.
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: thinking about a new scorpion    thinking about a new scorpion  Empty7/13/2012, 10:14 pm

maybe something that stings its food would be cool too watch, emperors dont use there stinger but i love them
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thinking about a new scorpion    thinking about a new scorpion  Empty

Back to top Go down

thinking about a new scorpion
Page 1 of 1