The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

sight

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jahines1
Centruroides
jahines1

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-06-08

sight Empty
PostSubject: sight   sight Empty6/26/2012, 9:01 pm

I've heard it said that emps have poor sight. But also that they will catch the krickets if left in their tank. Mine does not catch them. Only responds to tong feeding. My problem is I don't want to have to disturbe him every timee it cc.omes to food. Is there anything I can do?
Back to top Go down
cody1984
Centruroides
cody1984

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-06-13

sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: sight   sight Empty6/26/2012, 9:03 pm

He will catch them when he gets hungry enough they are just lazy sometimes lol
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: sight   sight Empty6/26/2012, 11:15 pm

Sometimes agility can a problem for big guys (e.g. large forest scorpions like Pandinus imperators), but when they are really hungry, they will have methods to get their hands on the crickets.

Tong feeding once every 1-2 weeks will not cause much stress to the scorpion and not considered "disturbing" at all. Nothing much to worry about Smile
Back to top Go down
jahines1
Centruroides
jahines1

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2012-06-08

sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: sight   sight Empty6/26/2012, 11:56 pm

But is it really good for him to get him to that level of hunger? When I first got him I was tong feeding one to two crickets every other day. He ate those no problem but that was when I did not have proper hides for him. Now I do and thats why im concerned with bugging him. If I do leave the cricket in how long should I give him to eat before I take it out if uneatin?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: sight   sight Empty6/27/2012, 4:09 am

jahines1 wrote:
But is it really good for him to get him to that level of hunger?
Hmnn.. we are not talking about starving a scorpion for several months right? It is not that critical when they have missed a meal or two, there's not always ready food on a plate for them in the wild.

For sub-adult scorpions: weekly feeding of 2-3 crickets (not bigger then the scorpion's body size) would suffice.
For adult scorpions: 1 adult cricket every 7-10 days

jahines1 wrote:
If I do leave the cricket in how long should I give him to eat before I take it out if uneatin?
If you do not wish to do tong feeding, try not to leave the crickets in there overnight. Especially for scorpions which are yet adults, you never know if they are preparing for a molt under their hide. And if that happens, the wandering crickets in the tank would be a huge risk.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: sight   sight Empty6/27/2012, 4:49 am

GS wrote:
Hmnn.. we are not talking about starving a scorpion for several months right? It is not that critical when they have missed a meal or two, there's not always ready food on a plate for them in the wild.

+1

I don't keep a strict feeding schedule anymore to my adult specimens. My adult forest scorps usually get massive feeding each 2-3-4 weeks, depending on if I had time to go get some crix or how late I've been coming back from work.
My slings are always the priority when I have a tight timeframe for feeding. It might be not the ideal approach. But I don't see any problem with it (unless the said scorpion is gravid etc).
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

sight Empty
PostSubject: Re: sight   sight Empty

Back to top Go down

sight
Page 1 of 1