The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty
PostSubject: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/24/2012, 8:15 pm

This feels like a weird question to be asking but....I know im supposed to be feeding my 5 emperor scorpions a variety of different foods..... theres roaches ((wich im not buying)), anol lizards ((wich i dont have the money for rite now)), and Superworms.... ive only been feeding my scorpions crickets, i put 15 crickets in and leave them in there, it takes about 5 days for the crickets to disappear becuase emperor scorpions arent aggressive feeders, and after almost a week theres still usually 2 or 3 crickets left so i put in another 15......anyway... i want to try feeding my scorpions something else along with the crickets and petco sells Superworms, when u refridgerate Superworms and Mealworms it stunts there growth they sorta go into hibernation.... but on the container it says Do Not Refridgerate.... so basically this is how it would go down... i go to petco and buy the superworms and i only get to feed a couple of the superworms to the scorpions and then the majority of them turn into beatles or whatever it is they transform into and most of them are wasted........now what im asking is has anyone ever tryed to put Superworms in the scorpions cage loose and let the scorpions catch them on there own ??? or do i have to manually feed the superworms to the scorpions ???? im just guessing that i have to manually feed them to the scorpions becuase emperors arent aggressive feeders and it takes them a while to eat the crickets and im guessing that the superworms will just barrie themselves in the coconut fiber substrate ????? has anyone had experience feeding there Emps Superworms ?????
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
cody1984
Centruroides
cody1984

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/24/2012, 8:18 pm

I dont have much experience with super worms but ive been told they like to burrow,all i feed my arachnids is roaches and crickets though an they seem very happy why is it you dont want roaches if you dont mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/24/2012, 8:31 pm

i dont know where to buy roaches, the local petco near me doesnt sell roaches, the only place i can think of is online and i dont want to buy a large supply , i dont really want to keep raoches, i have a cricket keeper cage, but not interested in roaches, i found a few in my apartment and they creep me out.
Back to top Go down
cody1984
Centruroides
cody1984

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/24/2012, 8:45 pm

Ahh thats very understandable Smile
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/24/2012, 9:35 pm

Superworms are fine, but don't use them as the staple food source. When feeding them to scorps, tong feed them.

Crickets are basically roaches that jump, make noise, and smell by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
MrTisdale
Pandinus
MrTisdale

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/24/2012, 10:50 pm

I feed Superworms to my bearded dragon all the time.. they can ding into the soil and pretty quick so u need to watch them..

As far as keeping them. They come in containers of 25 or 50 here at my local pet stores. In order for Superworms to become beetles they have to be separated. So keeping them together will make it so they cant change. You do not need to refrigerate them it doesnt matter just keep them all together and they wont change at all.. You can feed them potatoes or carrots..

Iv keept my superwomrs in a small plastic container for months and just fed them and they live just fine without changing into beetles or breeding.

As far as meal worms you need to place in refrigerator in order to stop them from changing or just let them go through the cycle which is what i did. I started off with 25 meal worms and left them be for afew months didnt even feed them and i went back and had thousands. Ofcourse they didnt last long due to size and my bearded dragon can eat 30 of them at once.

Both are very easy to maintaine and require little effort .

I ordered these guys for my emp http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/feeders/dubia-roaches-for-sale.html
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/24/2012, 11:17 pm

What Are Their Advantages Over Crickets?
1.) Dubia roaches do not bite.
2.) Dubia roaches do not stink.
3.) Dubia roaches do not jump.
4.) Dubia roaches do not fly away
5.) Dubia roaches do not drown easily.
6.) Dubia roaches can live for two years.
7.) Dubia roaches do not die-off regularly.
8.) Dubia roaches do not chirp or make noise.
9.) Dubia roaches cannot climb smooth surfaces.
10.) Dubia roaches reproduce easily and predictably.
11.) Dubia roaches have much less indigestible chitin.
12.) Dubia roaches have a much higher protein content

I Might give the roaches a try at some point and time maybe in about two months im not ready for roaches yet.... the only part that i dont like about the roaches is that it says they breed every 28 days.....but i like that they live a long time, crickets [hopscotch] alot and they are probably harder for the scorpions to catch maybe ?? plus a crickets life span is only about 6 weeks.

question = so to get dubia roaches i will need a plastic container like a tube with a lid and holes?? and egg cartons...

do i need a water dish ?
what do u feed your roaches? will they eat powder cricket food ?
are you sure the roaches wont attack the scorpions?
and the scorpions can catch the roaches on there own ???
will the roaches bite me if i pick them up ???
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/24/2012, 11:25 pm

just give me a quick run down of how u keep your roaches , what u feed them, where u keep them , a lid ? ventalation ? food??
and if i leave them in my scorpion cage will i have to put roach food in the scorpion cage ??
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/25/2012, 12:08 am

i found out on youtube i searched dubia raoch set up, but instead of a tub i have a 29 gallon aquarium i can use, and for heat i could use a ceramic heat emitter cuase heat mats dont work.
Back to top Go down
MrTisdale
Pandinus
MrTisdale

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/25/2012, 7:01 am

yeah they cant climb good so a glass or plastic aquarium or a rubbermaid tub.. iv got a rubbermaid tub and i cut a hole out and put screen on it.. then take egg cartons the cardboard kind and place them on it so they can hide in them and for food use basicly anything lol dog food cat food anything really.. for water im gonna use that gel water stuff u get a pet stores that will help with the humidity to
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/25/2012, 9:12 am

alright : ) thanks for the information , been a great help
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/25/2012, 9:29 am

two more questions = so do u still feed your scorpions crickets or did u completly switch over to dubia roaches??

do dubia roaches burrow in coconut fiber substrate ??
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty6/25/2012, 10:01 am

I feed all my scorps on roaches, from pallid roaches to turkistans. I dont feed anything else. None of my roaches bother to burrow either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....   Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Superworms And Emperor Scorpions... READ....
Page 1 of 1