The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

E.talicus info needed?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
antmac
Centruroides
antmac

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-02-13

E.talicus info needed? Empty
PostSubject: E.talicus info needed?   E.talicus info needed? Empty6/16/2012, 4:55 pm

Hi all I have just go hold of 5 of them and I was just wandering how long they take to mature and how you guys keep them?
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: E.talicus info needed?   E.talicus info needed? Empty6/16/2012, 6:36 pm

Eeeek sorry dude. I've been getting extra hours at work so have been a bit busier than I thought I would be.

The SOTM i sent you is good on general care.

This is how I keep mine as adults......

They are kept individually in clear plastic boxes measuring roughly 20cmx10cm. The substrate is around 2cm of coco fibre and sand (60/40 ish) and is kept dry. Hides are two pieces of oak bark, one stacked on top of the other. I provide a bottle cap for a waterdish and this is always kept full. I also spray the enclosure lightly every 5days to a week. I don't use any additional heating and temps in the room range from 12c - 25c+. They are fed 1 to 2 appropriately sized crickets every 7 to 10 days.

I'm pretty sure there's some pics of their enclosures on here somewhere, but I'll try and get some more up when I've got time.

This is my first time raising slings of this species and I'm undecided as to whether I'm going to raise them in groups or not. I've had reasonable success doing this with my E. flavicaudis, however my E. alpha have been very cannabilistic. I guess a trial is in order lol.

As for conditions to raise the slings, the substrate will be the same as mentioned above. Hides of oak bark will be provided. To provide moisture I will very lightly spray the enclosure twice a week and also keep a small area of the substrate damp to avoid the risk of dessication. Feeding will be of pinhead crickets, roughly 3 to 4 each, per week.

If they're anything like my E. flavicaudis they will be pretty straight forward to raise. I'm not sure exactly how long they take to mature but I'd guess somewhere in the region of 2 to 3 years.
Back to top Go down
antmac
Centruroides
antmac

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: E.talicus info needed?   E.talicus info needed? Empty6/17/2012, 11:07 am

cheers bud i just paniced some what cus they are the smallest slings ive ever had lol
yeh i got some pin heads as you advised and they both jumped on it and it still carryed on walking lol

i have my 5 split up in to twos and one on its own, every time i find them together with on one beeing hostile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E.talicus info needed?   E.talicus info needed? Empty

Back to top Go down

E.talicus info needed?
Page 1 of 1