The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Woo, next week!

Go down 
+5
*Connie*
scorpion111
~Abyss~
Rasputin
EWom
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EWom
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Woo, next week! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woo, next week!   Woo, next week! - Page 2 Empty6/5/2008, 12:38 pm

Yup I took them both out last night while they were active, one tried to scoot back into the burrow, but I negated that, by removing the burrow from around it.. which made it very very angry. So that one was not played with just side tanked, in a 1g KK. The other one I let out and let it roam around a bit with some barriers to keep it from getting too far, or from being able to go hide under the couch or what not. Then I tried to get a BL photo op, but it was just way too active, and wouldn't hold still, so my camera had a hard time capturing it. Here's my best attempt:

Woo, next week! - Page 2 Scorpio+046v2

Maybe I'll try and coax one out during the day, so they're a little more sluggish for my photos next time.

Anyway the tank was set up differently, they didn't seem to fight about anything, and each now has it's own burrow. So alls good it seems.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Woo, next week!   Woo, next week! - Page 2 Empty6/5/2008, 12:41 pm

You have to rememeber that too much handling and taking out for photo ops can stress them out.
You have to rememeber that it gets used to its tank, being taken out and put onto a floor to explore must be quite confusing and exposing for it.

By all means take pictures when you can...

dont want to seem like a bossy boots

xxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Woo, next week!   Woo, next week! - Page 2 Empty6/5/2008, 12:52 pm

There's nothing wrong with the occasional handling and photo shoot though. Smile

And it sounds like redoing the tank worked.
Back to top Go down
EWom
Hadogenes

PostSubject: Re: Woo, next week!   Woo, next week! - Page 2 Empty6/5/2008, 1:00 pm

Oh I know, that's the same way my lizard is. He doesn't come out unless it's time for his cage to be cleaned, and then I usually hold him for a bit. I don't plan on taking them out all the time. Just thinking for future reference, it's probably best during the day, if I want to take photo's so they aren't so active.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Woo, next week!   Woo, next week! - Page 2 Empty6/5/2008, 1:05 pm

im glad they are getting along better now Very Happy
xxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Woo, next week!   Woo, next week! - Page 2 Empty6/5/2008, 1:38 pm

I always thought that, if you put a "weaker" (smaller) one in with a "stronger" (bigger) one, the weaker one would get killed.

study
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Woo, next week!   Woo, next week! - Page 2 Empty6/5/2008, 3:50 pm

Not necessarily -- I have an adult male and an unsexed subadult that have gotten along fine and always share the same hide. Although, I did do the tank stir-up before I introduced them.
Back to top Go down
EWom
Hadogenes

PostSubject: Re: Woo, next week!   Woo, next week! - Page 2 Empty6/6/2008, 7:05 pm

Ok, so after the remixing up their tank etc, I had two burrows set up. They seemed to have actively closed one off, including dragging the moss down from the corners of the tanks, and jamming it into one of the burrows, and are now both living out of one burrow, in which they created two entrances.

Odd creatures they are...
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Woo, next week!   Woo, next week! - Page 2 Empty6/6/2008, 7:42 pm

i think the best emp colony i have ever seen is in a pet shop in leeds, they have 12 altogether n have never had a problem but the tank there in is absolutely huge, its like a big display peice pretty cool though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woo, next week!   Woo, next week! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Woo, next week!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2