The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

questions on Grosphus grandidieri

Go down 
+2
DolbyR
steven555
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steven555
Pandinus
steven555

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-03-24

questions on Grosphus grandidieri  Empty
PostSubject: questions on Grosphus grandidieri    questions on Grosphus grandidieri  Empty5/4/2012, 8:55 am

I can't find any reliable info on Grosphus grandidieri, and I'm purchasing two of them online. First of all I was wondering how big they get and also is a rainforest type habitat good for them???
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: questions on Grosphus grandidieri    questions on Grosphus grandidieri  Empty5/4/2012, 9:21 am

I don't have any experience with them, but this might help

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t2488p30-grophus-grandidieri-info

A search here at the forums is always worth a shot. May I suggest you look up GS's awesome [HOW TO] Search for Scorpion's Information
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: questions on Grosphus grandidieri    questions on Grosphus grandidieri  Empty5/4/2012, 10:13 am

I don't know if you've already seen this (found in google docs) but i've cut and pasted the relevant info for you. Fom a paper by Micheal Cozijin

Keeping in captivity

The latter of the following information is based on my own experience and should be regarded as an
example of how to keep this species in captivity. This species is being kept and bred by hobbyists, but
not on a large scale. In my opinion the minimum size for keeping a pair of adults is around

30x20x20 cm (12x 8x 8 inch). Juveniles can be kept in all kind of deli cups. I keep my
juveniles separate to avoid the risk of cannibalism and I keep adults in pairs. I keep this
species at a temperature of 24-28 Celsius (75-82 F) in the daytime and around 21 C (70 F) or
room temperature at night. Since this species comes from an arid environment, there is no
need for high relative humidity levels. These should be kept at the low end, to prevent
mycoidal infections or mycosis (II), which can be harmful to scorpions, and even kill them
eventually. I lightly mist a corner of the enclosure once a week. When the scorpions are
getting close to a moult, make sure the relative humidity is a bit higher than normal to prevent
moulting problems.
Humus (70%) mixed with sand (30%) is in my opinion ideal as a substrate. This species does
not dig burrows and pieces of cork bark or stones will be accepted as a retreat. Provide a small
bottle cap or film roll cap of water, for drinking. I refresh the water weekly. This species
breeds without difficulty in captivity. Adults should be fed one or two appropriate sized prey
items once a week. I feed my scorpions crickets twice a week until they are passed the third
instar. Prey is killed by a (couple of) quick sting(s), depending on the size of the prey item
and on the size of the scorpion. Juveniles can subdue surprisingly large crickets for their size,
sometimes up to 150% of their own body size. This species can have a somewhat nervous
and/ or defensive disposition. G.grandidieri, like other species of the genus, does not produce
iteroparous litters.

Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: questions on Grosphus grandidieri    questions on Grosphus grandidieri  Empty5/4/2012, 4:11 pm

steven555 wrote:
I can't find any reliable info on Grosphus grandidieri
Well, I was about to mention the paper by Micheal Cozijin, but I see Den beat me to it.

steven555 wrote:
is a rainforest type habitat good for them???
No, they come from a very dry region of Madagascar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
jmonday
Pandinus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: questions on Grosphus grandidieri    questions on Grosphus grandidieri  Empty5/5/2012, 2:32 pm

No keep them dry and hot lol I have a 1.2.0 breeding group I keep . They are very nice scorps I keep a small water dish in the corner that a add water to every 3 or 4 day and mist one corner very lightly every other week .
Back to top Go down
tdark1
Centruroides
tdark1

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: questions on Grosphus grandidieri    questions on Grosphus grandidieri  Empty5/6/2012, 9:01 am

Might want to venture over to AB Forums and find AZJohn and PM him there, he has bred this species several times...

Cheers,

Rob
Back to top Go down
steven555
Pandinus
steven555

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-03-24

PostSubject: Re: questions on Grosphus grandidieri    questions on Grosphus grandidieri  Empty5/9/2012, 6:43 am

hey thanx for the info i really appreciate it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: questions on Grosphus grandidieri    questions on Grosphus grandidieri  Empty

Back to top Go down

questions on Grosphus grandidieri
Page 1 of 1