The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

"Protect your pictures" Campaign

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

"Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty
PostSubject: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/2/2012, 11:40 am

I've seen lately lot's of pictures from different sites being shared online... I'm talking about copyrighted pictures here.
Nothing is stopping a certain individual from just saving and uploading one of our pictures somewhere else as their own.

We should be well aware of this problem and take actions to prevent it. We MUST protect our pictures.

Therefore, I suggest we start a campaign in the forums to promote eveybody to start atleast watermarking the pictures we upload. Some members are doing this already, but most of us (including me, until now) are not.

Watermarking doesn't take too long either, there are several software (besides photoshop) that you can use to do it pretty easily.

Additionally, I would suggest we don't share any copyrighted pictures of other authors, or if we must do it, we should at least mention the source, and who the copyright owner is.

I'd like to get some feedback on this, and if there is need (and If I get green light/support from ASF admin team), I can prepare a simple tutorial on watermarking and metadata alteration.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/5/2012, 6:38 pm

Sounds good! Although I don't post many pic's. I'm in! I think it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion.Admin.Team
Administrator
Scorpion.Admin.Team

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/7/2012, 4:57 am

Supported.

Thank you for raising this issue up and volunteering to put up a tutorial for it Smile

Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/16/2012, 3:31 am

Thanks for the support!
Will work on a tutorial and post it up.
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/28/2012, 1:21 pm

sounds like a very good idea! but i have no idea how to watermark
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/28/2012, 9:32 pm

You may wish to check out DolbyR's [HOW TO] Image Protection Smile
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/28/2012, 11:41 pm

yea i saw that after i posted that i didn't know how to but i still don't know how to and the main reason is i got a new laptop and after having it since at least october, still have no idea how to use it. lol but thats a whole other story
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/28/2012, 11:59 pm

haha.. yes thats a whole other story.
There is no limit to how in-depth we can asking of from a "HOW TO" guide.
Like what DolbyR has suggested. You may wish to try Gimp or MS Paint?

Personally, i have created a simple Photoshop .psd template which i am using for all my pictures. Let me know if you wish to take a look at it.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/29/2012, 4:08 am

I'm working in a simple tutorial (with images) to be included in that HOW TO, I agree it's not complete enough yet.

I won't cover Photoshop though as I have no experience with it at all. Anyone with Photoshop experience may feel free to give a contribution Wink
Back to top Go down
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/29/2012, 8:27 am

GS wrote:
Personally, i have created a simple Photoshop .psd template which i am using for all my pictures. Let me know if you wish to take a look at it.

Cheers!

I'd love to see what you have ps?
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/29/2012, 11:37 am

GS wrote:

yes that would be fantastic!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/29/2012, 12:11 pm

tfleming wrote:
I'd love to see what you have ps?
sp1int3r wrote:
yes that would be fantastic!
Sent!

I'll try to get it uploaded for all to use freely. Will post once its ready Smile

Okay, back to topic.
Back to top Go down
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/29/2012, 3:24 pm

Thanks again GS!
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/29/2012, 7:47 pm

I just remembered there is an app for iPhones where you can easily just add a watermark, pick the text, the color, the font, and opacity. the app is called Impression and I'm pretty sure its free. i know most of my photos are taken with my cell phone so for everyone else out there like me here is a simple way to add a water mark!
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty3/30/2012, 2:50 am

Great tip sp1int3r!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Protect your pictures" Campaign   "Protect your pictures" Campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

"Protect your pictures" Campaign
Page 1 of 1