The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Mycosis in Desert Scorpons?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2011-07-18

Mycosis in Desert Scorpons? Empty
PostSubject: Mycosis in Desert Scorpons?   Mycosis in Desert Scorpons? Empty1/11/2012, 7:07 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't want to mislead anyone or be misled, but mycosis in desert scorps is like herpes simplex in humans. We all have it, the question is will we brake with symptoms when we are stressed or when conditions are right or should I say wrong. Any desert scorp in high humidity can break with mycosis, so is there really a desert scorp that's mycosis free? Only when conditions are right.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Mycosis in Desert Scorpons?   Mycosis in Desert Scorpons? Empty1/11/2012, 7:52 pm

Maybe I should have said mycosis damage free about my haddy earlier. My last one had severe mycosis damage. Although it never spread in my care it still happened somewhere down the line. So I think you are right that it takes the wrong conditions to bring it out but the condition in the pic below is certainly not something every scorp has.

Mycosis in Desert Scorpons? IMG_38414
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Mycosis in Desert Scorpons?   Mycosis in Desert Scorpons? Empty1/11/2012, 8:07 pm

I think so too, otherwise it would have to be in the sand or peat that we use for our scorpions.
Back to top Go down
tfleming
Tityus
tfleming

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Mycosis in Desert Scorpons?   Mycosis in Desert Scorpons? Empty1/11/2012, 10:31 pm

I see what you mean. I just got 3 from a guy in Arizona and one of the males has a spot on it's tarsals (feet), but that's all I see. Really sorry to hear about Haddy. I know how it feels.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Mycosis in Desert Scorpons?   Mycosis in Desert Scorpons? Empty1/12/2012, 4:49 am

I don't really know enough about it to say anymore but the link below seems quite a good thread. Your male will be fine with just small spots, my ol' girl still used to burrow in rock hard sand even with those terrible front legs, it doesn't seem to bother them much. The main thing is to keep them warm and bone dry so it won't spread any further.

Only thing I'd be worried about is passing it onto other scorpions in the enclosure (not saying I know this as fact obviously but from what I've read) as it appears mycosis starts by spores that could be passed on rather than something that is on every scorp.

Mycosis Discussion Thread

Also, not sure if anything came of this.

Mycosis research
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mycosis in Desert Scorpons?   Mycosis in Desert Scorpons? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mycosis in Desert Scorpons?
Page 1 of 1