The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Emergency

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
junosama
Centruroides

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Emergency Empty
PostSubject: Emergency   Emergency Empty11/19/2011, 11:47 pm

I bought twp emps today for my big breeder tank. They were in the same tank and even the same hide at the pet store. I bought one then a few hours later came back to get the other.

They went into their own hides in my new tank but i just caught them fighting i think. I think the smaller one stung the big guy because it looks likes hes having seizures. Every few seconds he shakes like someone shocked him. I assume that means he got stung.

They seem to be facing off a bit but i havent seen any fighting or stinging first hand. Will an emp on emp sting kill the other emp scorpion?

Should i separate them or try and watch them and hope they settle down? I dont know why they would fight after being together for a long time in the pet store. Maybe they are trying to establish new dominance in the new territory? They are not that much different in size maybe an inch.

This is my first time housing multiple emps in one enclosure.

Back to top Go down
junosama
Centruroides

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Emergency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emergency   Emergency Empty11/20/2011, 2:47 am

Update*

I think they are ok, pretty sure they were just trying to establish who runs the tank. At one point they were sitting on each other lol. I still might switch them to individual 10 gallon tanks though, I'm finding the big tank a bit hard to heat properly.

Back to top Go down
Sauerkraut
Hadogenes
Sauerkraut

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-05-26

Emergency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emergency   Emergency Empty11/20/2011, 5:52 am

Scorpions are immune to their own venom, so besides any damage from the actual stab, there shouldn't be any other effects.

What do the temps range from in the tank?
Back to top Go down
Ludedor24
Babycurus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2011-10-02

Emergency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emergency   Emergency Empty11/20/2011, 7:24 am

Usually problems would exsist if one emp was in the tank for a longer period of time establishing territory but if you said it was only a short time until you got a second one I wouldnt worry too much. The "shaking" you are describing is Juddering that emperors display for dominace or mating. Everything seems normal, just make sure they are well fed.
Back to top Go down
jfilyau
Centruroides

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Emergency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emergency   Emergency Empty11/28/2011, 5:32 pm

my scorpions did this when i first got them ones an adult the other a baby the big one does the shaking thing alot and i thought they were fighting when i first put the little one in but then it turned out my larger one was just trying to mate with the younger one i had put in
found that out after watching mating videos and noticing that it lookd just about the same
and then looked under the hide and found a little weird looking white thing lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Emergency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emergency   Emergency Empty

Back to top Go down

Emergency
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: The Burrow in Ghana: Emperor Zone-
Jump to: