The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

C. Gracilis brood popped

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2010-01-26

C. Gracilis brood popped Empty
PostSubject: C. Gracilis brood popped   C. Gracilis brood popped Empty10/30/2011, 10:29 pm

Hey guys back after a long time away. been busy with work and such. Anyways, my Florida bark scorpion had her brood and its been a while since ive had young ones. Can you guys link me another site or perhaps a conversation that already happened about raising a brood from consumption to once they are grown and off? Thanks guys[url=C. Gracilis brood popped 37904412][url=https://servimg.com/view/14830148/23][img]
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

PostSubject: Re: C. Gracilis brood popped   C. Gracilis brood popped Empty11/8/2011, 6:20 pm

UPDATE - my c. gracilis babies are to the point in which they leave moms back to venture around the enclosure, but in the sight of danger, they retreat to her back. Does this mean i can remove mom at this point or you guys think i should just wait and move them to a bigger enclosure?
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: C. Gracilis brood popped   C. Gracilis brood popped Empty11/8/2011, 6:33 pm

You could really go either way at this point. I'd just gather the ones that are off, over the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Sauerkraut
Hadogenes
Sauerkraut

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: C. Gracilis brood popped   C. Gracilis brood popped Empty11/8/2011, 11:12 pm

Congratulations good sir!
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: C. Gracilis brood popped   C. Gracilis brood popped Empty11/9/2011, 12:04 am

congrats.c.gracilis are purrty.sorry no links.you can do this three ways.
1.keep em all together,mom and all in the same enclosure and move everybody when everyone is full grown.
2.remove the babies and put them all in their own lil enclosure communaly.
3.remove the slings and seperate em all into their own deli cups to supervise habits better,eating,molting,growth etc

feed the slings flightless fruit flies or tiny crickets,keep em the same as the momma,maybe a little more humid.easy,take care.
Back to top Go down
Roblicious
Babycurus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: C. Gracilis brood popped   C. Gracilis brood popped Empty11/9/2011, 4:04 am

you can feed them baby crickets, they do sometimes cannablize at younger stages, but that can happen with any 'communal' species.

if you want a somewhat safe bet, seperate after they leave the mom, put em together when they are near full grown, or just keep seperate until they are full grown
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

PostSubject: Re: C. Gracilis brood popped   C. Gracilis brood popped Empty11/14/2011, 12:52 am

You guys took far too long w the response lol. Ive already removed mom. C. Gracilis are NOT know to cannibalize so i left them together. I feed them Wingless Fruit flies because they are easier to get ahold of. I have about 40 babies and i am yet to find a single dead one yet. Things are looking great so far.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: C. Gracilis brood popped   C. Gracilis brood popped Empty11/14/2011, 1:05 am

13 minutes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C. Gracilis brood popped   C. Gracilis brood popped Empty

Back to top Go down

C. Gracilis brood popped
Page 1 of 1