The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

picked up, but freaked out

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ScorpioNoob
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-13

picked up, but freaked out Empty
PostSubject: picked up, but freaked out   picked up, but freaked out Empty9/14/2011, 10:22 pm

so like the title says i picked up my scorpion for the first time today. i transferred it to a small box and coaxed it onto my hand after about 12attempts(with gloves of course!)..lol after he was on my hand he seemed to relax a bit, since he didnt try to attack my hand. he just sort of tried to walk around/walk off. i thought he reacted well because this scorpion seems pretty aggressive. anytime something enters the tank near his hide or when i try to get close to nudge him away with something, he rushes to attack it. (this is why i was afraid to handle it.) after handling him for only a couple mins his tail dipped down flat and he kept low to the ground(just for a minute!)seemed almost freaked out. so i put him back in his tank very carefully. i tried to take everything slow. after checking in on him after 5mins back in his tank, he seemed okay, but since i dont know much about scorpions id like to know if what i did was okay and if i could attempt it again without stressing him out so much. well i WAS gonna post a video of the whole thing but my stupid camera having troubles transfering the content.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: picked up, but freaked out   picked up, but freaked out Empty9/14/2011, 11:14 pm

It sounds like you were very cautious. I wouldn't worry about it. If you absolutely have to handle it then just be careful.
Back to top Go down
Troglodyte
Centruroides
Troglodyte

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: picked up, but freaked out   picked up, but freaked out Empty9/15/2011, 12:32 am

What type of Scorpion were you handling?
Back to top Go down
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: picked up, but freaked out   picked up, but freaked out Empty9/15/2011, 1:53 am

Troglodyte wrote:
What type of Scorpion were you handling?
hahaha seriously! bounce
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: picked up, but freaked out   picked up, but freaked out Empty9/15/2011, 2:47 am

It was one like Gs handled ( I miss him btw, he contributed a lot and is a nice, social guy) I believe yellow with a fat tail...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: picked up, but freaked out   picked up, but freaked out Empty9/15/2011, 11:32 pm

eeek Gs is a mad man,didnt speak much to him.hes been gone mostly since ive been here.seemed lika a general nice guy and knowledgeable.

Scorpionoob,thats how my female emperor is,a psychotic, menstrating, behemoth but once shes in me mitts shes a sweet heart and just walks about nipping me with her pinchers to test for sturdiness or im my hand or arm is a predator.

i only handle emperors when i have to change the substrate or one of em is adventurous to climb on to my hand when its wandering about.i would handle them that much.thats like two or three times a year.to say the least i like to give my critter friends there space.

you handling it that time is fine,seemed like you did everything right,except for handling an androctonus,now youve been stung and didnt call for help.it was nice to know your name.
now everyone lets have a moment of silence for mr.scorpionoob.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: picked up, but freaked out   picked up, but freaked out Empty

Back to top Go down

picked up, but freaked out
Page 1 of 1