The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Substrate

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Feebo
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Substrate Empty
PostSubject: Substrate   Substrate Empty6/21/2011, 8:27 am

I had a female Emperor drop dead about six months or so ago so after leaving it a good few months to acertain that the male was okI bought another female. A good few months has now gone by and she seems good thankfully. I dropped the humidity in there a bit as that was the only thing I could think of that was a potential factor in her death that I had any control over. I use coir as a substrate but now they're both settled I'd like to look into the substrate being altered slightly. I'm not super happy with the amount of it that is usually to be seen allover my scorpions. Can anyone suggest a good addition to the coir please? I've got pearlite but I figure that's a bit too gritty. I've got moss but I think that might up the humidity a little too much and I have vermiculite but I think I'll see similar problems there. So here I am asking you lot! lol I'd love to see some little babies out of my scorpions at some point so it would be nice to fine tune things a little..... Thanks very much for any help Smile
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Feebo
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Substrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Substrate   Substrate Empty6/22/2011, 10:55 am

Coir is the coco fibre. I had thought it a little bit messy. I'm just wanting another subtrate that is suitable to either mix with it or place on top of the coco fibre. I'm in the UK (That's U to the K lol ) Yeah it was unfortunate about my other female. The new one seems perfectly happy in that she's active and eating etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Substrate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Substrate   Substrate Empty

Back to top Go down

Substrate
Page 1 of 1