The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

HELP - What the hell is she doing???

Go down 
+6
**GS**
Kweegwin
*~BEX~*
Jay
pluto
DolbyR
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 8:09 am

Can't say for sure, I'm still stucked at the bloody office.. 3 more hours to go Sad
Will give an update on the situation as soon as I get back.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 8:24 am

ok fingers crossed here for you Smile
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 8:30 am

Thanks Bex
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 10:02 am

I think its jusy an awful coincidence my fren.
It'll be a loss to have u out of ASF (like 2 of the cool guys we know here)
Glad you sorted things out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 1:47 pm

Any update here Dolby?
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 1:59 pm

Yeah, just got home. I'm afraid she's dead RIP

Now I have to decide weather to get off forest specied for a while and jut stick to desert ones. My wide told me she had actually ordered me a swammerdami, that was supposed be a surprise. She told me about it only, because I'm considering in not taking tropical ones for a while.

I do love the swammerdami's, but I'm scared something will happen to it like to the other foret ones.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 2:09 pm

Just do your best! I'd love one of those they get HUGE!
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 2:09 pm

And I'm sorry for your loss man.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 2:17 pm

I don't think it can be anything you have done just bad luck could have been parasites by the sound of things and theres nothing you could have done about that, are you getting your stuff from a trusted seller? Try to buy captive bred rather than wild caught if poss, sorry for your loss it sucks Sad
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 3:21 pm

Bex, is right. Try another dealer. Swammerdami are awesome and I believe they are THE biggest.

What I would do is, just let the Swammerdami come home. Forget what happened. Take a fresh and a good start!

Wash that cage inside out, with HOT HOT water. Use disinfectant afterward. Rinse everything with HOT HOT water. Get yourself some ordanary gravelstone, or lavastones. Make it a layer of about 2-3cm thick. Put some cocobricks on it, diluted with HOT water.

Squeeze excess water out of it so it is moist but it doesnt drip. Add at least 10cm of coco earth. Remember, moist.. not wet. Place a smaller dish on one end, but not right next to the glass. Get a terracotta flowerpot, shatter it.. dig it into the substrate so you create an entrance of max 3cm higher than the substrate. Dig some substrate right under the tile, small tunnel which it can dig further into.

Place some fake plants, maybe even a smooth rock..

I think you did all that before, but what is new is the backdrop. I have seen most of your enclosures are glass all around. Not that that is bad or deadly, but it is likely to cause stress when people walk around, light falls into it from all corners. It doesn't feel safe. Make a backdrop, foam or whatever floats your boat. Cover one side, the side of the wall. Make it dark, so the environment seems dark to the scorpion.

It doesnt like activity around it's enclosure and this is a way to hide most of that. I think you are very determined keeping them well and I think you check up on them very often. This causes them to never settle. I might be wrong though. But anyway, this is just advice, take it for what it is. If I'm wrong, no problem.. you're doing fine.

Make a lid of plexi or solid material 3/4 the top of the enclosure. Keep 1/4 open for ventilation. In this hole, install a nice and solid red lamp. Let it shine beside its burrow, not straight on it.

It may very well be 30+ degrees in the heat cone..

Keep it moist, don't overdo it though. Wet is not great either. The false bottom will already provide almost adequate moistureness.

This is how my uncle does it and he kept those big [does your mother know you talk like that?] his entire life. I know some Pandinus Dictator he still has, and they date from before my drivers license. Go figure.

If they drop dead when you did all that, then your water is poisoned and you should move for your family and own sake.

Good luck, I'm very sure you will succeed since you got the dedication. Forget about these casualties. A bit of room for improvement, coupled with bad luck.. that's all

Oh ye, DONT BUY ADULTS Viking

edit: ...those big [does your mother know you talk like that?] his entire life... HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 129887 nope, but she does know I type like that on this forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty5/30/2011, 4:17 pm

*~BEX~* wrote:
I don't think it can be anything you have done just bad luck could have been parasites by the sound of things and theres nothing you could have done about that, are you getting your stuff from a trusted seller? Try to buy captive bred rather than wild caught if poss, sorry for your loss it sucks Sad

Thanks Bex!
This emp was actually from another seller than I usually buy my stuff from. Other than that, I trust my seller. Beide the fact that he is a personal friend, I know he has long experience with inverts, herps, etc.

I guess I'll just let my wife take me whatever she decides with the guy, she was planning the swami since my second laoticus died, so I'll let her surprise me lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP - What the hell is she doing???   HELP - What the hell is she doing??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP - What the hell is she doing???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2