The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

drinking scorps, well watering maybe?

Go down 
+2
Bedlam
spinnin_tom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty
PostSubject: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 4:47 pm

from wikihow
Scorpions drink a lot of water, so make sure it is available every day. Use silica gel, or soak cotton wool in bottled water and place it in a small dish for your scorpion to drink from.

is this incorrect?
i thought scorps had a coating of waterproofing so there is no chance of drowning. alos, cotton wool is just bacteria haven.
please confirm this or not as the case may be. i'm against it
thanks
Tom
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 4:59 pm

Scorpions can and will drown if in deep enough water. You can use a water dish with water or silica gel but most Scorpions will want to take a bath every once in awhile so I prefer regular water over the gel. I know people use cotton for crickets but not for Scorpions but I wouldn't use it anyways.
Back to top Go down
Peloquin
Babycurus
Peloquin

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 5:07 pm

Cotton wool, sponges etc... all of it is crap and can cause problems. Water gel isnt too good for spiders n scorps, they cant get moisture from it properly. Just a dish of water with a stone or stick i it to stop suicide crix is all you need. None of mine even have that, I just tip water in now and again and never had a problem.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 5:38 pm

Peloquin wrote:
Cotton wool, sponges etc... all of it is crap and can cause problems. Water gel isnt too good for spiders n scorps, they cant get moisture from it properly. Just a dish of water with a stone or stick i it to stop suicide crix is all you need. None of mine even have that, I just tip water in now and again and never had a problem.

+1 sponge and cotton wool just breed bacteria even the gel
Ball things are rubbish Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 5:41 pm

And do remember never to trust wiki anyone can go and wipe off any good data and replace it with a load of rubbish whenever they wanted to, none of it can be trusted as hard facts as it everyday people writing whatever they like! Smile
Back to top Go down
caolan159
Pandinus

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 5:55 pm

First of all i put in a shallow water dish, but came home one day and discovered one of the scorps lying in it :L thought it had drowned itself, but it was ok. Changed to cotton wool, i just change it as frequently as possible so as not to go through another drowning episode :S I'm probably wrong though, as most people on here think otherwise Sad I'm just trying different stuff out tbh, so tom i don't think it matters either wayif you make sure you change the water relatively often. But again, im just basing this on what ive read online...
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 5:58 pm

scorpions like to bath caolan. apparantly.
thankis everyone
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 5:59 pm

Emps love to bath dunno about others, but Seriously bin the cotton wool! If yr worried about drowning stick a few stones in the water dish cotton wool will just cause problems through bacteria and the fact the the scorp will ingest it! Smile
Back to top Go down
caolan159
Pandinus

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 6:20 pm

Ok cheers guys! Will have to make some changes
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 6:35 pm

spinnin_tom wrote:
scorpions like to bath caolan. apparantly.
thankis everyone

i hear people say this but in the 4 or so years and my old coloney of 15 emp scorps ive never seen one submerge themself in the water dish. or maybe my scorps are self-consious and dont wanna be watched lol

anyone got any pics of one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 6:39 pm

I do Smile

drinking scorps, well watering maybe? IMG_4246
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 6:44 pm

lol sweet,, never seen mine do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty4/22/2011, 6:55 pm

they must be self consious then manser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: drinking scorps, well watering maybe?   drinking scorps, well watering maybe? Empty

Back to top Go down

drinking scorps, well watering maybe?
Page 1 of 1