The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.

Go down 
+34
shaneshac
steven555
shadowfoot
Scorpion19981000
scorpmania
Wearelegion
bluefrogtat2
Henderson
lycanlord
Obeah
tfleming
tdark1
Chrome
AnthonyNeubauer
spinnin_tom
nivlaisme
69wishes
Will3
Jay
Cyanide
tlb_05
Roblicious
kingzy88
leiurusSaleen820
takos
leathalreptiles
pluto
Streettrash
Miami T
*~BEX~*
iitomodachi1
DolbyR
Vin Diesel
**GS**
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-04-21

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/16/2011, 3:23 am

oh and what do you think is the best substrate to keep my bicolor on ???? i got him on repti calcium sand now.figure that it is clean and pest free and dont seam to bother it any.i just want to make sure it is ok .
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/16/2011, 3:36 am

What you have is more than good.

Lol I put mine on white sand, and i cook it! clown Honestly, i put water in it, in a big kettle and on the stove!!!!!!

Yours prolly is eroded sand, which is basically a sand grain which has no sharp edges on it. This is better for anything that is on it, since it doesnt act like grid. Mine does, white sand has edges.. but they don't seem to be bothered by it and I for one, will rather sell my mother than buying SAND which costs 10 euro/kg!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/16/2011, 9:56 am

Thanks for the ID Pluto, and thanks for the comments!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/16/2011, 4:44 pm

@leathalreptiles
Nice A.bicolor you've got there mate & welcome to this Androc Disc thread! Smile

@Pluto
You've given real good advice in this thread my friend.
Keep this thread alive! Smile

@Streettrash
Gorgeous & cute scorpling bro.
The black grainy substrate really brings out their color contrast. However i think she'll appreciate the sand substrate you used in the 1st & 3rd pic. It is finer and easier for the scorpling to dig and hide under a given slate. My 2cents Smile

Last edited by GS on 5/16/2011, 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/16/2011, 4:49 pm

Gs mate

Your threads always go that extra mile because of those supersharp pictures you put in them and your nice attitude. Where is some of your new stuff btw? bounce

Not to sound gay.. but I enjoy every movie you make...
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/16/2011, 5:12 pm

Thanks for your kind words buddy.
Its really enjoyable to know fellow scorpion enthus like you in this hobby. Really Very Happy

As for my updates: I'm really excited for one of my AA hector pair which molted to maturity few days ago. 1 day apart from each other, morphing to a 7i male & 8i female. Hope everything goes well for them at "love making Hotel82" in abt 2-3 weeks from now Smile
I've also gotten my first Dslr yesterday. Haven really stop snapping since.. Ha
Hope i'll be able to share some basic macro pics with you guys soon.

Ps: i love yr A.bicolor enclosures pluto. Do post some daylight pics on them when you're avail.
They rocks!

Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/16/2011, 5:23 pm

Embarassed I will take some pictures no problem. The enclosure is going to be thorn apart though. Since for all species I'm going to make similar boxes made out of wooden concrete moult plates. They are basically very hard multiplex. What I think is, that it will vastly hold temperatures better than glass, since it is not really warm down here. It will get insulated and as such I will not have to heat the enclosures like I have to now. They will be in a darker place too, which will aid them in their development. Glass properties, apart from the resistance to scratches, tbh sucks really. It is good for aquariums, it sucks for terrariums.

So now you got even sharper shots? That phone you took your pictures with is really amazing!

8i??????? Must be some big momma! Well i'll cross my fingers they get it on! :p

Well i'm happy some quality stuff is on its way from you! Meanwhile i'll go browse ur parabuthus thread.

Thanks friend, hope we can help each other out, that is what forums like these are built for!

Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/16/2011, 8:58 pm

Thanks GS! I only used that black gravel for the photo shoot. The sling is kept on the sand in the first and third picture and has that tiny terracotta pot buried for a hide. That's actually the small tupperware it lives in, I just wanted to be sure to catch the contrast in the pics!
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/16/2011, 9:00 pm

Oh and Pluto, I just noticed in your sig. that you have added some Aa and a small Ptrans army! Great to see!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/18/2011, 1:35 am

pluto wrote:
8i??????? Must be some big momma! Well i'll cross my fingers they get it on! :p
Well i'm happy some quality stuff is on its way from you! Meanwhile i'll go browse ur parabuthus thread.
Thanks friend, hope we can help each other out, that is what forums like these are built for!

Thanks my friend. This is what i like about ASF. Super friendly peeps Very Happy
Yep, this female hector (Hana) is the biggest among my A.Australis group. Her newly molted size is about 9-10cm. If she is mated successfully, i'll plump her up nice and i'm estimating a total length of 10-13cm. I hoping to be able to supply this brillant specimen for our hobby in the near future. My fingers are crossed too Smile

Streettrash wrote:
Thanks GS! I only used that black gravel for the photo shoot. The sling is kept on the sand in the first and third picture and has that tiny terracotta pot buried for a hide. That's actually the small tupperware it lives in, I just wanted to be sure to catch the contrast in the pics!

I should have guessed it's for your picture taking session. My bad bro Smile
I got my A.bicolors as 2nd instars as well. You've definitely get loads of fun watching him/her grow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/18/2011, 1:10 pm

Hey Street, Idd I went shopping. Time to fill the cabin! Smile

I has the fattiest fattest Andro! Beat this afro

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Img0058ok
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/18/2011, 1:38 pm

cool pic Smile
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/18/2011, 1:53 pm

Wow! Look at that little fatty! Do they sell diet crickets?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/18/2011, 2:07 pm

Oh my... is this beauty in a pair of elastic pants? Laughing
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/18/2011, 3:37 pm

lol guys

Well, as you know this pair is together. The male and the female. I tried to feed the male, but every frigging time the female goes for it...

Can't help it.. I'm going for cricket size 8 light now. Thanks for the advice Street.
Gs, soon she'll need them :-D She is adult, so it is just from greed!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/18/2011, 6:12 pm

Over here in the States we have weight watchers and over eaters anonymous... Maybe we should have an intervention. Ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/18/2011, 6:13 pm

Oh yeah, and we need some pics of your recent acquisitions!!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/18/2011, 7:19 pm

Ofcourse mate, when I rehoused them in my heater..
FRESH enclosures :-p

Oh boy work incoming Suspect
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/18/2011, 7:24 pm

The work is half the fun!
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/22/2011, 11:37 am

:venom: my happy eater!!!![Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 3_00810
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/22/2011, 11:49 am

another one for ya!!kinda blurry but hey what can i do?!!lol [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 3_00711
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/22/2011, 12:23 pm

Looks like he has a good appetite lol :-)
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/22/2011, 12:29 pm

:venom: bicolor after she finished her meal! man she is fat ! catchin up to pluto's lol!hope it dont pop!![Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Androc13
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/22/2011, 12:31 pm

Hell yeah! That cricket is her body size Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty5/22/2011, 12:35 pm

i feed it once a week this is the second time i fed it since i got it ,i hope its not too fast on the feedings ??? it went from skinny to fat in two feedings !!! i hope the guy was right on the feeding it every week directions! i dont want to over feed it ,if anyone thinks diffrent please let me know ,i just dont want to over do her !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.
Page 3 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next