The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.

Go down 
+4
*~BEX~*
DolbyR
Jay
Nomadinexile
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nomadinexile
Centruroides
Nomadinexile

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2010-01-05

Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.   Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Empty4/17/2011, 10:22 am

In Riverside. Went hiking last night under what is almost a full moon. Found one scorpion, which I believe is a Serradigitus species, due to the long very thin fingers. Found a lot of Scolopendra polymorpha, and a red diamondback rattlesnake (C. ruber).

Leaving tomorrow (mon.) heading east by foot and thumb. Will be in both chapparel scrub and the Sonoran desert over the beginning of the week. Hope to have some good news on return. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nomadinexile
Centruroides
Nomadinexile

PostSubject: Re: Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.   Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Empty4/18/2011, 12:08 pm

Well, after hiking last night and almost stepping on a rattler even while having food, water, and nicotine; I've decided walking into the desert right now is not such a good idea. My next hunt is going to be in Malibu, really. Smile I'll be back on after. Peace all.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.   Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Empty4/18/2011, 1:00 pm

sounds like your having fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Nomadinexile
Centruroides
Nomadinexile

PostSubject: Re: Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.   Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Empty4/18/2011, 2:24 pm

It may appear that way, but not really. I'm struggling like heck trying to figure out how to feed myself until my job starts in June. Most of my "friends" have let me down in a big way. I lost my id. I'm living on the street trying not to get robbed by the homeless, arrested or beaten by the cops. And I'd like to be able to feed myself since the food handouts around here consist of old mcdonalds fish sandwhiches and old balony. I'm not really having fun. I'm on the brink of loosing it completely. I'm trying to keep a smile on my face, but it's difficult at the moment.

bex wrote:
sounds like your having fun Smile
Neutral
Back to top Go down
Nomadinexile
Centruroides
Nomadinexile

PostSubject: Re: Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.   Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Empty5/1/2011, 11:30 am

I've escaped from L.A. Yay. Now i'm in Oregon visiting a friend. Can't find any scorpions, but I keep finding alligator lizards. I believe this is the Oregon Alligator lizard, a sub-species of the Southern Alligator lizard. enjoy.

*Can't get pictures to load. Sorry. Will work on it, but going for a long hike right now, so maybe when I return?
Back to top Go down
Nomadinexile
Centruroides
Nomadinexile

PostSubject: Re: Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.   Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Empty5/1/2011, 11:32 am

[img]Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Alliga12[/img]
Back to top Go down
Nomadinexile
Centruroides
Nomadinexile

PostSubject: Re: Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.   Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Empty5/1/2011, 11:33 am

Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Alligatorlizard 010
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.   Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Empty5/1/2011, 3:54 pm

Hey, good to know you are alive and kicking Smile
Nice alligator lizard! Hell, I need to get out more because I very much want to find another one to keep. Best of luck and safety as you continue your journey.
Back to top Go down
Nomadinexile
Centruroides
Nomadinexile

PostSubject: Re: Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.   Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Empty7/14/2011, 1:44 pm

hey all! I know I've been quiet for a while. I was out in the woods with The Family for a while. Very Happy But I am getting ready to head to southern AZ. I'll mostly be looking for Scolopendra heros arizonensis banded morph. But there will be scorpions as well of course. Smile I'll post an update when I can. cheers! r
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.   Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nomadinexile's 2011 collecting reports.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2