The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Im picking up a Rusty Thick Tail (B jacksoni) this friday! What should I look for? (Friend got me a Red Claw instead just now!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roblicious
Babycurus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Im picking up a Rusty Thick Tail (B jacksoni) this friday! What should I look for? (Friend got me a Red Claw instead just now!) Empty
PostSubject: Im picking up a Rusty Thick Tail (B jacksoni) this friday! What should I look for? (Friend got me a Red Claw instead just now!)   Im picking up a Rusty Thick Tail (B jacksoni) this friday! What should I look for? (Friend got me a Red Claw instead just now!) Empty3/2/2011, 4:41 am

EDIT:

They got a bunch of new scorpions at the pet shop by my house and among them are several red claws, my friend called me up in a panic saying they got a ton of different kind and this particular red claw was much larger then the others in his brood and it was only 10 bucks! So he picked it up for me as I opted for that over the babycurus cause these guys tend to live longer.

I got him in a mid sized KK at the moment until his 12x12x12 exo terra shows up in the mail (yes I deck all my scorpions' cribs out)

He is a bit sluggish, but when I put a cricket in there he ran up and tore it to shreds then ate him up, now hes just sitting on the substrate lol

I got a IR light shining at him about foot away so it wont melt or overheat the KK or the scorpion itself.

So according to the care sheet I can take care of these guys just like the emps? Maybe a little less humidity and temp, but besides that they are the same?

I am planning on using coco husk (same one I use on my baby emp), will that suffice? I also plan on using a heat pad on the side as well.

Any tips would be great, thanks!
Back to top Go down

Im picking up a Rusty Thick Tail (B jacksoni) this friday! What should I look for? (Friend got me a Red Claw instead just now!)
Page 1 of 1