The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

The 'invisible' H.arizonensis!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Seany-p
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-01-08

The 'invisible' H.arizonensis! Empty
PostSubject: The 'invisible' H.arizonensis!   The 'invisible' H.arizonensis! Empty2/18/2011, 7:12 pm

Hey all, I'm a bit concerned with my H.arizonensis 'lairy Larry'. When I first put him into his larger enclosure from the temp one for the first week he was always out and about but about three weeks ago he closed his burrow entrances off and has remained hidden from the outside world Sad I know that there sort of prone to doing this but how long is too long? Should I grab a spoon and carefully chip away till I find him or give the guy some more time?
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: The 'invisible' H.arizonensis!   The 'invisible' H.arizonensis! Empty2/18/2011, 8:13 pm

He's completely fine Smile Let him do his thing, he'll be out eventually.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: The 'invisible' H.arizonensis!   The 'invisible' H.arizonensis! Empty2/18/2011, 8:53 pm

I agree, I dug mine out after it had past a month and she was sitting in there fine.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
DesertHaddy
Pandinus
DesertHaddy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-07

PostSubject: Re: The 'invisible' H.arizonensis!   The 'invisible' H.arizonensis! Empty2/19/2011, 7:34 am

They are the ultimate masters in "Live to Loaf". Mine disappeared for about 3 months. I checked say roughly 4-6 weeks. Makes you a bit paranoid, thinking "Is it still alive", but he was in good health.

Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Seany-p
Hadogenes

PostSubject: Re: The 'invisible' H.arizonensis!   The 'invisible' H.arizonensis! Empty2/19/2011, 10:53 am

Thank for the reassurance guys, I didn't really wanna dig him up as the substrate is 4 inches at it's shallow end and 11-12 at the other and with the amount of it he kicked up before he closed the two entrances up I reckon he's got one he'll of a tunnel network on the go!
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The 'invisible' H.arizonensis!   The 'invisible' H.arizonensis! Empty2/19/2011, 3:23 pm

we are tempted to dig ours up but dunno how we would go about it the substrate is quite hard now wouldnt want to risk it colapsing, we saw ours sat at entrance to burrow a few time saythe first 5 nights in her enclosue but since then weve not seen her at all she has only ever fed once since we got her which was about the 16th of november 2010 so ages ago.....hope shes ok
Back to top Go down
Seany-p
Hadogenes

PostSubject: Re: The 'invisible' H.arizonensis!   The 'invisible' H.arizonensis! Empty2/20/2011, 5:22 am

I'm not to worried about the eating side of things as he ate well in his temp tank and before he burrowed away. I'm more worried about the humidity level within the burrow set up and the chance of mycosis :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'invisible' H.arizonensis!   The 'invisible' H.arizonensis! Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'invisible' H.arizonensis!
Page 1 of 1