The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

can you ID this for me please?

Go down 
+2
Scott Land
*~BEX~*
6 posters
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

can you ID this for me please? Empty
PostSubject: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/16/2011, 1:48 pm

Hi all i recieved this today it was sold to us as Brachistosternus sternus, this is what we recieved...

can you ID this for me please? E3e75c0b
can you ID this for me please? 66ac61a6

however the picture they had up for this species was this...

can you ID this for me please? Brach

are these the same species??
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
Scott Land

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 3:41 am

It looks like a Bothriurus sp.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 3:45 am

I really don't want to say I told you so Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 3:48 am

We think your actually correct jamie we have done some searching and he def seems more Bothriurus

Have just been on Virginia cheesemans site an she has a " Talca scorpion"
Bothriurus burmeisteri and it's exactly the same as ours!! So has he messed up our order again we have not said anything to him yet fund it hard to believe he could make this mistake

Also the little guy I still alive after us worrying seems ok ATM another thing we noticed while searching the species was that in almost every picture they seemed to keep there tail relatively flat so maybe it's common with them I don't know

This is our scorp

can you ID this for me please? E3e75c0b

Compared to this on her site

can you ID this for me please? 6ebfb796

Pics a bit blurry prly best to go on the site lol

http://www.virginiacheeseman.co.uk/talca-scorpion-bothriurus-burmeisteri-adult-p-730.html

Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 4:09 am

Yep that B. burmeisteri on her site is a very good match, all that made me think B. keyserlingi was because he has large ones on his site and the accidental order. Also just found an old pic of my Bothriurus coreaceus, not a great pic but you can see the resemblance. I'm now pretty certain it's Bothriurus sp. too.

can you ID this for me please? IMG_0851-1

I really can't believe he's done it to you again, think he know's you won't be able to let them go back once you've got them lol. I'd definitely have to say something though, as he shouldn't be getting these orders wrong really.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 4:18 am

I know but I feel awkward having to tell me again lol I know I should and he should send us the correct one... AGAIN! will have to do it later just woken up with full on conjunctivitis which my girls have had over the last 2 weeks... Not nice Sad
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 4:36 am

I know what you mean, I'd feel very awkward telling him again but it's his fault not your's. Plus the free scorp is definately worth doing it for Very Happy

(very off topic) Did you get the Heterometrus sp. bugs magazine for them?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 5:01 am

Aw no I haven't is it out now if it is I'll be getting myself copy too lol got these awesome rubber scorps from Howlettes zoo in the week was only 99p

can you ID this for me please? A9d958e8
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 5:11 am

Wow that looks really real! That's well good for a quid. Hope no-one looks in here and thinks you want that ID'ed LOL

Well it was out last week, I shamefully grabbed myself a copy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 5:20 am

Will have to get a few copies how much have thy gone up to now?
Back to top Go down
Billy No Mates
Centruroides
Billy No Mates

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 12:09 pm

I want one of those rubber ones.

I could throw them at my sister.

And yeah you should definitely be sending him a harsh letter, it's pretty stupid and unfair to balls up your order twice. Out of curiosity who was the seller?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 12:23 pm

Well I have sent an email it's martin from bugzuk but he is a great seller just our last 2 orders seemed to get messed up but he was really good about it, last time we ordered 3 Scorpio maurus and we received 2 and a H.Mysorensis but like i said he was very good about it and sent us another maurus and allowed us to keep the Mysorensis so I still say he is a good seller and will definitely be ordering from him again Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 1:22 pm

Yeah I still rate him as the best site to get scorps from in the UK, they have the biggest selection at the best prices. I'll be having an order soon Very Happy

You probably won't get a few copies of this one, now they've gone up to 6quid lol
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
Scott Land

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 2:06 pm

Personally I like the Bothriurus sp. The Brachistosternus iscool but ther3 is somehing cool about the stocky little Bothiurus sp.
That plastic scorp is cool too!
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/18/2011, 3:09 pm

Just got a response from Martin ...

Hi Luke
I think you might be right, I only had one sternus left on the shelf and when I packed it I thought it didn't look right, even though it was marked as sternus, I should have gone with my gut instinct at the time and not sent it out, but i knew i had already let you down on the original order, so i sent it as it was marked up as sternus.  In hind sight I should have cancelled the order and e mailed you, so i apologise for that. I think my young lad must have mixed the pots up when feeding them
I am happy to take the scorpion back if you are not happy, but i have no sternus left, or if you are coming to one of the shows I will take it back and give you a full refund, no problem
We have got med size emperors in stock, but adults are proving hard to find at the moment, I have added you to our update list so if i get them in you will be advised by e mail automatically
Again apologies for the error and hassle I have caused for you, unintentional
Regards
Martin
Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/20/2011, 6:17 pm

I think it's ironic that you guys can't get buthids but you can get extremely posionous T's like poecilotheria spp.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty2/21/2011, 1:13 am

231bex wrote:
Just got a response from Martin ...

Hi Luke
I think you might be right, I only had one sternus left on the shelf and when I packed it I thought it didn't look right, even though it was marked as sternus, I should have gone with my gut instinct at the time and not sent it out, but i knew i had already let you down on the original order, so i sent it as it was marked up as sternus.  In hind sight I should have cancelled the order and e mailed you, so i apologise for that. I think my young lad must have mixed the pots up when feeding them
I am happy to take the scorpion back if you are not happy, but i have no sternus left, or if you are coming to one of the shows I will take it back and give you a full refund, no problem
We have got med size emperors in stock, but adults are proving hard to find at the moment, I have added you to our update list so if i get them in you will be advised by e mail automatically
Again apologies for the error and hassle I have caused for you, unintentional
Regards
Martin

He seemed a stand-up guy for giving such good service Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can you ID this for me please?   can you ID this for me please? Empty

Back to top Go down

can you ID this for me please?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpion ID-
Jump to: