The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Minimum dimensions for enclosures

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Taledus
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Minimum dimensions for enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Minimum dimensions for enclosures   Minimum dimensions for enclosures Empty1/23/2011, 8:56 am

I have emperors, but a general size for most scorpions...and just one in each enclosure.

The All Living ThingsĀ® 5.5 gallon Reptile Terrarium measures 16"L x 8"w x 10"h, and the Exo Terra Invertabrate Habitat Kit measures 12"L x 12"w x 12"h, but would these dimensions work for most scorpions? A 10 gal tank measures 20"L x 10"w x 12"h, which works out to two 10" x 10" if a divider is used, but seems like it might be quite small for a full grown scorpion.

I am trying to get an idea of a multi-divided enclosure made from plexiglass, and whether it is going to be better going with a premade enclosure with dividers, or making my own. I'm also looking at the cost too...going with separate enclosures costs slightly more than just ordering the plexi to make one long enclosure with dividers in it.

Anyways, I just wanted to get a good generalized number for an enclosure size. Thanks for any help.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Minimum dimensions for enclosures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minimum dimensions for enclosures   Minimum dimensions for enclosures Empty1/23/2011, 4:14 pm

The rough estimate for an adult emp (or most any large scorpion) is 5 gallons per scorp, so both of the smaller ones you mentioned would be fine for a single specimen.
Back to top Go down

Minimum dimensions for enclosures
Page 1 of 1