The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

two spinifers... i need help tho

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
harleyquinn
Pandinus

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-12-06

two spinifers... i need help tho Empty
PostSubject: two spinifers... i need help tho   two spinifers... i need help tho Empty12/30/2010, 4:34 pm

i have two spinifers. one, about an inch and another about two inches, the bigger one has molted once and i have seen her eat before, however my new little one i dont think has eaten. i have small crickets in there with them. do i need to crush the head of one of them? (how to) and i cant ever find it anyway. what should i do?
Back to top Go down
mezzle992
Centruroides
mezzle992

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: two spinifers... i need help tho   two spinifers... i need help tho Empty12/30/2010, 6:57 pm

they will be fine i have 4 spinifers and 1 is about an inch bigger than the others and they are fine, i think from what ive seen with this specie is they are better communually then on their own but the size difference wont matter. And just put small crickets in there and mealworms. But if you want to then you can put bigger crickets and super worms in their. Just nothing bigger then the scorp. And ive had my spinifers for 3 months now and thiers 2 ive never seen eat. If it worrys you to much then separate them put some crickets in with the one that wont eat, count them if thier all still thier then just give it a few days more.
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: two spinifers... i need help tho   two spinifers... i need help tho Empty12/30/2010, 10:55 pm

ok thanks i might take him out next time i see him
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: two spinifers... i need help tho   two spinifers... i need help tho Empty12/31/2010, 8:46 am

scorpions can and often do go very long times without feeding at all. they usually fast because of a molt or being gravid but sometimes they just dont want to eat. dont worry about it not eating. you may not see it eat but if there is food running around in there (not crickets!) then it can eat if it wants to.
a forest scorpion like yours can live almost a year without food, though you should try to do something about it if your scorpion hasnt eaten for like 5 or 6 months. the best thing i found to do is put no food in the cage for 2 weeks or more then throw in a couple of sizes of locust and mealworms one night and see if its eaten the next day.

and if you really want to remove it, a blacklight (ultraviolet torch) shone in the cage at night usually works.
Back to top Go down
harleyquinn
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: two spinifers... i need help tho   two spinifers... i need help tho Empty12/31/2010, 2:01 pm

hey thanks. i might try to get some mealworms soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: two spinifers... i need help tho   two spinifers... i need help tho Empty

Back to top Go down

two spinifers... i need help tho
Page 1 of 1