The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Hottentotta hottentotta reproduction and mesobuthus martensii reproduction questions.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
blooms
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Hottentotta hottentotta reproduction and mesobuthus martensii reproduction questions. Empty
PostSubject: Hottentotta hottentotta reproduction and mesobuthus martensii reproduction questions.   Hottentotta hottentotta reproduction and mesobuthus martensii reproduction questions. Empty10/3/2010, 11:57 am

I know that Hottentotta hottentotta reproduce through parthenogenesis. I have had two of them living communally over a year now and no babies. How long do they take to get mature (each one is about 3-4 cm long including the tail)? If they reproduce through parthenogenesis does that mean there are no males/females? Their enclosure has about 2-3 inches of damp/not wet coco fiber and stacked bark, which they have made a scrape under. They usually share the same scrape. The temperature of the room is a constant 25 degrees celsius and the humidity in the room is usually around 70-80%. They get fed baby dubias and small crickets every few weeks. Is there anything that I can do to encourage reproduction?

Also I have around 10 mesobuthus martensii in similar conditions (they range in sizes with the smallest being about 3-4 cm including the tail and the largest being about 7-8 cm including the tail) and they also have yet to reproduce, anything I can do to encourage them?
Back to top Go down

Hottentotta hottentotta reproduction and mesobuthus martensii reproduction questions.
Page 1 of 1