The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! Empty
PostSubject: Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!   Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! Empty9/7/2010, 4:54 am

Very Happy Been wanting to pick him up since we got him about 10 days and finally did it was a bit shaky but managed to take some pics lol (not brilliant quality as taken on phone) Very Happy

Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! 3e9c631a

Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! 7eccb797

Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! F15950bb
Back to top Go down
mezzle992
Centruroides
mezzle992

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!   Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! Empty9/7/2010, 5:26 am

took me ages to pick up my spinifer because it caught my hand a few times with its sting and ive got a scar from where he pinched me lol. But i can handle him fine now because its dead haha lol.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!   Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! Empty9/7/2010, 12:19 pm

Pretty cool, I'm not handling my hottentotta's though, maybe when my spinifers are bigger then their aprox. 3i.
Had a T that I used to handle, it was a bit mean though, finally built up the courage to handle my current rose hair and might when my b.smithi gets bigger also.
Otherwise I'm restricted to watching movies with spartacus, my ball python which is cool too!
Congrats on your accomplishments bro!
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!   Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! Empty9/7/2010, 12:31 pm

lol u cant say bro to a girl, i was really nervous but wanted to hold it before it went in the new terraruim with the new emp we got today, hope they will be ok, bit worried after seeing that pic of the eaten one posted a few mins ago
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!   Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! Empty9/7/2010, 12:53 pm

Quote :
lol u cant say bro to a girl

Why not? I've slipped and called my mom Dude before! lolz! Really though, I'm sorry, didn't even think about, my apologies.

That's a good looking scorpion and it looks like it is relaxed, I'm not sure if one can tell if they are stressed or not, but it is obviously chillin' out and not posturing or anything. Great pics!

Quote :
bit worried after seeing that pic of the eaten one posted a few mins ago

If you are referring to the post with the roommate that put his scorp in with another one, I wouldn't stress too much. I'm going to guess that the scorp was put in to the other scorps enclosure and it was a territorial thing. By the sounds of it you are doing the right thing by keeping them separate, setting up a new vivarium and introducing them at the same time. This way there is no territorial dispute and they should get along just fine as long as you provide a few hides and enough food. If you were to introduce a new one into an existing viv I believe the best bet would be to remove the initial one and rearrange the vivarium (maybe wash off any furniture in the viv; rocks, hids, logs etc) and introduce both scorps at the same time into the freshly cleaned and rearranged viv. Maybe do a substrate change then too. I'm not 100% on this but picked it up mostly on reading in this forum so some of the others can confirm or correct if needed. It sounds like you are doing the right thing though.

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!   Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! Empty9/7/2010, 3:32 pm

well they are now both in the same viv now aaah scary! just put them in, and for some reason both chosen the same hide ... had a small fight but both seem to be sat in there there calmly atm ,have just chucked 2 locusts in incase they get hungry and decide each other look quite appetising lol ,hope it stays calm ...oh as i type one has left the hide wonder whats gonna happen now.......
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!   Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! Empty9/7/2010, 3:35 pm

Woot! Keep up the updates, glad things are sounding like they are going pretty smooth so far!
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!   Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! Empty9/7/2010, 3:46 pm

231bex wrote:
well they are now both in the same viv now aaah scary! just put them in, and for some reason both chosen the same hide ... had a small fight but both seem to be sat in there there calmly atm ,have just chucked 2 locusts in incase they get hungry and decide each other look quite appetising lol ,hope it stays calm ...oh as i type one has left the hide wonder whats gonna happen now.......

Sounds good, sounds normal. Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!   Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! Empty9/8/2010, 4:31 am

Hi...Just a quick update, both scorps are still alive...Yay!! and in the same hide atm, it seems the new scorp stayed out in the open most of the night as i found it huddled in a corner when i checked on it early this morning , but when i checked aain on returning from the school run about an hr later its in the same hide with the other one, it hasnt eaten though but the male one did last night, still dont know what sex ithe new one is will try to get some better pics later dont want to disturb them now as they are all huddled together nicely, need some names for them really lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!   Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up! Empty

Back to top Go down

Yay i got brave and picked scorpy up!
Page 1 of 1