The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KingRex
Pandinus
KingRex

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-16

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader Empty
PostSubject: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader   No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader Empty5/15/2010, 6:01 am

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/93704999.html

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/93800689.html

The websites above depict horrible circumstances: exotic animals needing to be removed from their residence, this opposite from the truth. The articles concern Dr. Terry Cullen and his non-profit organization the Terry Cullen Wildlife Conservancy. A wildlife conservationist and veterinarian, Dr. Cullen has spent his life working with and protecting animals of all kinds, most notably crocodilians.
The headquarters of the conservancy were supposedly investigated by the police on a “complaint of sexual-assault.” When exotic animals were found Dr .Cullen’s girlfriend was taken into custody on the “suspicion of animal cruelty” yet no actual charges have come forth. Somehow this adds up to police and firemen (in full fire suits) entering Dr. Cullen’s house, needlessly shooting his dogs, and continuing to remove his animals from his property. The same property that is a rescue for reptiles of all sorts, both endangered and mistreated. As a veterinarian, he takes in sickly, mal-nourished and deformed herps; guess what the authorities found in his house? Animals that where once sickly and mal-nourished, recuperating in his care. This angle of the truth however, was not expressed to the public. The media also fearfully expressed that many of the reptiles were kept in “small plastic containers.” Well what do you suppose I have in my dresser right now? A corn snake in a small plastic container. Yet to the uneducated public, keeping animals in something so simple is both unbelievable and cruel.
The raid oddly took place while Dr. Cullen was out of town doing the first pilimonary work with Chinese Officials about serious conservation for the Chinese Alligator. The work would have been successful if Dr. Cullen did not have to leave abruptly to fight this inconceivable fiasco. This happenstance seams to stretch the limits of “coincidence.”
I myself have known Dr. Cullen for years and have worked with him on a number of occasions. Through our friendship he has become my go-to veterinarian and reptile expert, which has come in handy to say the least. The animals which I worked with were kept clean, and in perfect captive conditions. His baby ball pythons were the healthiest I have ever seen; nine inches long and thick as a sausage. Those at trade shows and pet stores are runts in comparison. The two of us have given educational talks with Mushu the Chinese alligator, a breeding female who‘s whereabouts are now unknown. With the approaching summer I was looking forward to spending time with Dr. Cullen and learning more of his ultimate wisdom for all things cold-blooded. Unfortunately this does not seem possible with the events of late.
What has taken place is both absolutely tragic and disgusting; a shocking view of the reality we live in. Dr. Cullen is not a compulsive cat person; he is a distinguished zoologist throughout the world, with decades of service to the conservation of living things. Yet in his endeavors to protect reptiles, he has had issues with animal rights groups such as the HSUS and PETA. Is it possible that the same enemies of the reptile industry are going after one of its strongest defenders? Needless to say, both Dr. Cullen’s personal and professional life where shattered overnight and is now out of their way.
I sincerely hope that the truth may now be known and spread. Dr. Cullen and his associates must be freed from this needless torture, his animals restored to his custody and those responsible for this attack on conservation, education and the reptile hobby prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Thank you for your time

Rex

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader PB090018
Dr. Cullen with Mushu the Chinese Alligator, one of the numerous animals taken with little hope of being returned to their rightful home and caretaker.200 exotic animals found on Milwaukee's south side
Back to top Go down
ElWray
Pandinus

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader   No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader Empty5/26/2010, 11:28 am

If people dont know about something, as far as Im concerned, they should have no say in the matter. Period. Are you a reptile expert? no? Then you have no say if this man is being "cruel" or not.
This can be applied to almost every situation now a days, from animal "cruelty" to gun control.

Sorry to hear about the way these people have treated this man. He sounds like a great person
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader   No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader Empty7/1/2010, 11:17 am

how do you remove the swear filter from certain threads? i cant read my post its all *'s...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader   No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader Empty

Back to top Go down

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: The Framing of a Fearless Leader
Page 1 of 1