The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Kinda worried

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kadama
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Kinda worried Empty
PostSubject: Kinda worried   Kinda worried Empty5/8/2010, 11:12 pm

Even though the crickets go missing every week when I put them in I don't see mog or gil at all, I won't wake up to them tinking on the glass.. I know one is moving because he will sometimes poke his pincers around the corner of his borrow.. But the other is no where to be seenn.. Also baby crickets again. I am just letting them drown themelves in the water bowl this time..
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Kinda worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda worried   Kinda worried Empty5/8/2010, 11:29 pm

give it a week or 2 and unearth a little bit to make sure you still have 2 scorpions...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
kadama
Hadogenes

Kinda worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda worried   Kinda worried Empty5/8/2010, 11:30 pm

How do I go about unearthing them..?
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Kinda worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda worried   Kinda worried Empty5/9/2010, 1:43 am

ok what i do for my 3i if i havent seen it in a couple days is i take a small wooden skewer and poke VERY GENTLY into the substrate and slowly move it around where i know the burrow is and eventually i end up scaring the scorpion out...
ive only done this twice, and it was purely just to check and make sure my baby was still alive...

or, you could just decide, "hey im tired of that setup" and tear everything up and re-do the entire tank...that way, you can dig them up and check on them and cure yourself of boredom...

either or works for me...
just keep in ind, i wouldnt do it unless you're absolutely about to pop from worrying about them...most times, they just really really enjoy their burrows =)
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Kinda worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda worried   Kinda worried Empty5/9/2010, 4:54 am

Basically, when you feed crickets there is a really easy solution to the baby crix problem - If you have a cricket with a long blackish ovipositor, just snip it off near the base of the body before placing it in the tank to prevent it from laying eggs. If they don't have that long ovipositor, then they can just be put in with no problems.

And don't worry about not seeing your scorp - I'm sure its fine.

My emps from my brood that are now 5i have done that their entire lives - Hidden and not been seen for months at a time. In my experience I have dug up their burrow twice and regretted it because they were all fine, and I had then wasted my time, wasted theirs as they now had to buil a new burrow, and worst of all the burrow/setup that I really liked was destroyed. They built new ones each time always around the same area, but none were as good as the first one.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Hadogenes
Roger

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-11-24

Kinda worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda worried   Kinda worried Empty5/9/2010, 5:15 am

I used to think that if the crickets were disappearing the scorpions were fine, and that is totally true for my four adults in my communal tank. However, I had three subadults in another communal tank (plenty of space, it's as big as my adult tank is) and one of them ate the other two! I was very ... upset when I lifted their hides to check on them and found bits of exoskeleton and nothing else.

Before anyone suggests it; no, they didn't molt, they were eaten. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
kadama
Hadogenes

Kinda worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda worried   Kinda worried Empty5/9/2010, 6:35 am

I'm not worried so much that one ate the other, I bought them together and they are from the same brood which I hear greatly reduces the chances of that. I am more worried because one was sorta slow. Didn't drag it's tail or anything. I just wanna make sure it's feeding and the other isn't getting all the food.. I love the set up and the burrow so I would hate to have to dig them up.
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Kinda worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda worried   Kinda worried Empty5/9/2010, 12:05 pm

ehhh id just leave them alone and see if they pop up later than =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kinda worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kinda worried   Kinda worried Empty

Back to top Go down

Kinda worried
Page 1 of 1