The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Given adult scorpion Pinkies?

Go down 
+2
binksyboy3
sami*
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sami*
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Given adult scorpion Pinkies? Empty
PostSubject: Given adult scorpion Pinkies?   Given adult scorpion Pinkies? Empty4/21/2010, 6:57 am

I am researching keeping scorpions as I plan to get my first emperor scorpion within the next few weeks. I read some were that adult scorpions enjoy the occasional pinkie (baby mouse) as a treat is this true? Sam x
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Given adult scorpion Pinkies?   Given adult scorpion Pinkies? Empty4/21/2010, 10:06 am

No.

Never feed your scorps any vertebrate of any kind.
Mice are too high in calcium and can have detrimental effects. Also, they will leave a bloody mess all over the enclosure which you will have to clean up.

List of all the feeders you can use:
1) Crickets
2) Locust
3) Roaches
4) An occasional meal worm.

I don't think I've missed anything?

Hope this helps Smile

Edit: I asked this same question when I first joined and so I know how confusing it can be to find the right answer.
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Given adult scorpion Pinkies?   Given adult scorpion Pinkies? Empty4/21/2010, 2:02 pm

i couldnt have said it better binksy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
EWom
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Given adult scorpion Pinkies?   Given adult scorpion Pinkies? Empty5/1/2010, 4:58 am

When I was new to the hobby and before I found useful forums such as these ones, I had a pair of P.imp's , and the shopkeeper I got them from said to feed them

"you know, stuff they'd find in the wild.. any bugs you can catch, baby mice, little lizards, crickets, etc" At the time of purchase he sold me a little anole lizard for like a buck to feed them once they got home. Well anoles are fast and scorpions are slow, not to mention the anole pretty much stayed as high up and far away as the scorpions as possible, and the scorpions dug a burrow and stayed down there the entire time. So I tried a pinky mouse, and let me tell you, they did kill it, and eat some of it, and then after a bit the worst stink came out of their tank, and I had to disrupt everything and clean up the gooey and disgusting mess of the pinky. Stick with bugs IMO.
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Given adult scorpion Pinkies?   Given adult scorpion Pinkies? Empty5/1/2010, 9:52 am

yeah pinkys get pretty disgusting after they cast the remains off =/

dude you cant go wrong with crickets and other feeder insects
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
ElWray
Pandinus

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Given adult scorpion Pinkies?   Given adult scorpion Pinkies? Empty5/25/2010, 9:13 am

EWom wrote:

"you know, stuff they'd find in the wild.. any bugs you can catch, baby mice, little lizards, crickets, etc" At the time of purchase he sold me a little anole lizard for like a buck .
Where can I get a little lizard for a buck?? Ha ha, thats not a bad deal for a cheap pet:P
Back to top Go down
daniel
Pandinus

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Given adult scorpion Pinkies?   Given adult scorpion Pinkies? Empty5/27/2010, 5:11 am

they hang around termite mounds in the wild and feasdt on termites and take over their burrows do they not? not hunt mice and lizards - i was told to give them the occasional pinky when i first started keeping but tbh they seem happy enough on crickets and locusts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Given adult scorpion Pinkies?   Given adult scorpion Pinkies? Empty

Back to top Go down

Given adult scorpion Pinkies?
Page 1 of 1