The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

West Texas Scorpion ID

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harlock
Pandinus

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-31

West Texas Scorpion ID Empty
PostSubject: West Texas Scorpion ID   West Texas Scorpion ID Empty4/4/2010, 1:17 pm

I found a few of these in west texas, and I can't id them, they look like possible Vaejovis coahuilae or Vaejovis crassimanus, but I'm not sure. Leaning toward crassimanus, but I don't know about its range. They came from scrubland in mesas. (Pics of same scorp) I don't think it is a morph of c. vittatus as it has gray on its back, although the light flooded most of that out.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f66/15/06/70/83/scorpd10.jpg
West Texas Scorpion ID Scorpd10

West Texas Scorpion ID Scorpd11

https://i.servimg.com/u/f66/15/06/70/83/scorpd11.jpg

Also, does anyone know if D. lindo is very pale as a juvi? I found 1 D. lindo sub-adult, and another scorpion that much be a Diplo of some type, but it is very pale. It is much smaller, and looks like a lindo except for the coloration.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: West Texas Scorpion ID   West Texas Scorpion ID Empty5/9/2010, 1:25 pm

If you can get clearer shots, try sending them to Kari McWest. He's an expert on Vaejovidae.
Back to top Go down
Harlock
Pandinus

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: West Texas Scorpion ID   West Texas Scorpion ID Empty5/9/2010, 3:08 pm

Thanks, but I got it Id'd as the unsubscribed Serradigitus that lives out in west Texas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: West Texas Scorpion ID   West Texas Scorpion ID Empty

Back to top Go down

West Texas Scorpion ID
Page 1 of 1