The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dlazell
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-16

I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these? Empty
PostSubject: I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these?   I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these? Empty3/16/2010, 4:53 pm

I am trying to find a scorpion to purchase in the near future, and was looking online and came across these, yet I dont know what kind they are. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated Very Happy

I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these? 19-scorpion

I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these? 17-scorpion

I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these? 15-scorpion
Back to top Go down
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these?   I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these? Empty3/16/2010, 7:54 pm

at a guess, the middle is P imperator, though it's hard to tell, it may be a Heterometrus, and the third might be Androctonus or Parabuthus. no idea as to the top, but i need it!!! awesome

edit: the more i look at the middle one, the more it reminds me of my H cyaneus...not cause of the blue mind. but that could be way off!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these?   I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these? Empty3/16/2010, 9:53 pm

First is a Hadrurus sp. photographed under just the right light to make it look more awesome than it really is . . . it's come up before.

Second is a Heterometrsu sp., probably H. spinifer, photographed with a flash that had enough UV in it to make it come out green (same effect as natural sunlight).

Third is Androctonus crassicauda, NOT for a beginner.

When you're starting in the hobby, the absolute worst way to go about picking your first scorpion is choosing the one that looks the prettiest.
Back to top Go down
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these?   I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these? Empty3/18/2010, 6:23 am

surely that Hadrurus spp couldn't look that much worse in normal light?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these?   I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these? Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to buy a scorpion, what kinds are these?
Page 1 of 1